Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth-Marquee Cork 14 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

looking very forward to this,would love to see a rare gem like secret place played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

leonh74 wrote: »
    looking very forward to this,would love to see a rare gem like secret place played.

Any word on the support yet - to be honest, I taught that we'd get a few of the lower Download acts like Five Finger Death Punch....it would be a nice little bonus for a few bands to travel over after the weekend and perform

And I've checked FFDP's schedule and they've nothing after Download

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

na no news on support yet,but id say more than likely it will be a local bad,not too sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Looking forward to this. Can never get enough of Megadeth. Great craic was had for Slayer in cork a couple of years ago so I shall assume the same for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

On a f*cking monday ?
    Seriously ? :mad:

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    On a f*cking monday ?

I think that's what's put a lot of people off this event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

On a f*cking monday ?

No different to a show being on in Dublin on a Monday for most people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

On a f*cking monday ?

welcome to the world of those who don't live in Dublin. Nearly every bloody gig I go to in Dublin is on midweek....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Well, it still borders on the insane :D

Roxwel recently conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine. You can now watch the 15-minute chat below.

"The Right To Go Insane", the new video from MEGADETH, was shot in South El Monte, California and directed by Bill Fishman, who also helmed MEGADETH's last video, "Head Crusher", the Grammy-nominated first single from the band's new CD, "Endgame".

As previously reported, the March 31 MEGADETH concert at the Palladium in Hollywood, California was filmed for a forthcoming DVD.

MEGADETH kicked off its "Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour" on March 1 at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, Washington. Also appearing on the bill were TESTAMENT and EXODUS.

"Endgame" was recorded at Vic's Garage, the band's brand new, self-built studio in San Marcos, California. The CD was helmed by Dave Mustaine and British producer Andy Sneap (EXODUS, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Does anyone here need a gig buddy? I think I'll be going from Dublin on my own. Gonna be worth it though!

FunkZ wrote: »
    Does anyone here need a gig buddy? I think I'll be going from Dublin on my own. Gonna be worth it though!

What day are you going? I'm flying down on the morning of the gig, staying overnight and then coming back the next day...again, flying, since I got £3 Ryanair flights

If you need a gig buddy give me a PM or something

What day are you going? I'm flying down on the morning of the gig, staying overnight and then coming back the next day...again, flying, since I got £3 Ryanair flights

If you need a gig buddy give me a PM or something

Hey man, sounds good! I have to check how much the bus fair will be and get an actual ticket, but I'll definitely be going, I'll PM you in a few days to organise it =]

Anyone else want to come along too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

im thinking of heading down to this aswell eord is the band will be staying in the metropole hotel down there..35 quid for the night might be worth it...

FunkZ wrote: »
    Hey man, sounds good! I have to check how much the bus fair will be and get an actual ticket, but I'll definitely be going, I'll PM you in a few days to organise it =]

Anyone else want to come along too? :D

no worries man, but do double check Ryanair

They're actually advertising flights at 10Euro each way (20Euro return) for a flight down on the morning of the gig and coming back comfortably the next day. Compared to rail and bus prices it might be worth considering if you're accessible to Dublin Airport. Plus you're down in a lot less hassle and far quicker then the train or the bus.
    Irish Rail - 71 Euro for an Adult, 46 Euro for a student to do a return Journey (with a change at Mallow) on the same dates

Bus Eireann - 20 Euro for an Adult return, 17 Euro for a student return (but takes over 3 hours to get there and has at least 2, sometimes 3, changes)

The only thing to mention is that you'll need a Pre Paid Mastercard to book the flights with to avoid any fee's or surcharges, if you book with a Visa Debit or Credit card, it's gonna cost you an extra 5Euro

Although, 25 Euro for a mid week return flight to Cork isn't bad. I'm not their spokesperson, but if this helps Megadeth fans to get to the gig, it's a good thing

Thanks Motley! I just realised it's on Monday the 14th, I thought it was the 5th! Not sure if I'll get to go now. Ahhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Really can't wait for this gig :D

Willl be great to see Junior live with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AnnihilatorOrio

Hey guys, Please help! i have been to Gigs before, Megadeth, Annihilator, Judas Priest, Stevie Vai... but i never got to see them, what i really want is to meed Dave and the band and maybe take a picture of him and me! Does anyone know how is it done? do i have to stay after the show or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Find out where they are staying or dress up real purty.:D

Just noticed Aiken updated the page for the gig on their site with

Plus Very Special Guests

Which usually means someone pretty noteworthy as opposed to a random, local, act. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but VERY SPECIAL GUESTS - gives you the idea that someone from Download could be involved

• Advertisement

I wonder who that could be. I am hoping for something super awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭deeks

Hoping for a great support band as well but the main thing is I just checked out the Megadeth setlist from Italy last night and it looks like they're still playing all of Rust in Peace on the European Tour. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It looks like I might know a few others going so I may not be heading down alone!
    It's getting a bit close for them not to have announced any support yet. I'm not too pushed but very special guests makes me wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Just noticed Aiken updated the page for the gig on their site with

Plus Very Special Guests

Which usually means someone pretty noteworthy as opposed to a random, local, act. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but VERY SPECIAL GUESTS - gives you the idea that someone from Download could be involved

I've just checked aiken's site there and there is nothing on a very special quest. Am I missing something??

I've just checked aiken's site there and there is nothing on a very special quest. Am I missing something??

****. Its Gone:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

****. Its Gone:eek:

Fuck! That can't be a good sign then. Maybe they had someone lined up and it fell through.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The rumours are that there is no support band at all!

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=768513#768513

The rumours are that there is no support band at all!

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=768513#768513

I resigned myself to this a few days ago. Funny that anytime I go to the marquee in Cork there is no support :mad:

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I resigned myself to this a few days ago. Funny that anytime I go to the marquee in Cork there is no support :mad:

I'm amazed, I don't think I've ever been to a gig where there's no support

I hope the T-Shirts are cheaper as compensation lol

I got in contact with Shawn Drover (through my Journalism connections) and he told me that they're just flying into Cork before the gig....playing and then flying out that night....according to him, and of course I'm sure Mustaine will have something to say about this, there isn't even time to do any meet and greet sessions with fan club members backstage before the gig

Still, I wouldn't mind a 3hr Megadeth gig to compensate for no support act

Perhaps we'll get some hidden gems like 'A Secret Place' or 'Sweating Bullets' (which I know, isn't a rare gem live, but doesn't get played often enough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I got in contact with Shawn Drover (through my Journalism connections) and he told me that they're just flying into Cork before the gig....playing and then flying out that night....according to him, and of course I'm sure Mustaine will have something to say about this, there isn't even time to do any meet and greet sessions with fan club members backstage before the gig

Still, I wouldn't mind a 3hr Megadeth gig to compensate for no support act

Weird, its not as if they don't have the time before their previous show to get to Cork early. Is it that the promoters aren't bothered about putting them up?

May actually be making the trip down for this...please allow the money to come in on time!

Advertisement