Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth-Marquee Cork 14 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    Weird, its not as if they don't have the time before their previous show to get to Cork early. Is it that the promoters aren't bothered about putting them up?

I would recommend you go

Ryanair is quoting cheaper Air Travel then the Trains

Personally, I reckon they are going to organise a band from Download to fly with them, and perform before them. I cannot see this gig having NO support whatsoever, that would seem insane...for a start, whose going to make sure Megadeth don't have loads of feedback!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

From what I gather they played a great set in Holland.
    Dialectic Chaos
    Wake Up Dead
    Headcrusher
    In My Darkest Hour
    Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison Was the Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado of Souls
    Dawn Patrol
    Rust in Peace... Polaris
    Trust
    A Tout Le Monde
    Sweating Bullets
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Encore:
    Peace Sells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk2eKCXX1o

Wish I could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I would recommend you go

Ryanair is quoting cheaper Air Travel then the Trains

Personally, I reckon they are going to organise a band from Download to fly with them, and perform before them. I cannot see this gig having NO support whatsoever, that would seem insane...for a start, whose going to make sure Megadeth don't have loads of feedback!lol

Yeah tbh I don't know that much of them, in the way that, what they play, I won't instantly know the song name.

Would be good if they got some band lower down the bill on that day...or just grabbed Lamb of God:D

EDIT: Can get the trains for 10e....when ya include booking fee/CC fee on ryanair, its automatically 10e, so will prob do the train....again!

EDIT: Can get the trains for 10e....when ya include booking fee/CC fee on ryanair, its automatically 10e, so will prob do the train....again!

Fair enough, just make sure you get yourself to the gig, it should be a good one...and who knows how long more Ellefson will be in the band

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

sirocco to support.

• Advertisement

leonh74 wrote: »
    sirocco to support.

This is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Yup just checked it too.

I've no idea who they are :D

Any good?

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Yup just checked it too.

I've no idea who they are :D

Any good?

They seem decent, and would be good as support for Megadeth. Good to see a local band get something.

They seem decent, and would be good as support for Megadeth. Good to see a local band get something.

I must check them out then

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I must check them out then

http://www.siroccoband.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Think I remember these sirocco lads from the Blast days in the half moon. Can't remember if i actually saw them play there or if I had seen them on some of the fliers for it, been a good couple of years since then.

Btw, Motley Crue, you do know that Megadeth aren't playing tomorrow? It's on next Monday!:p

Btw, Motley Crue, you do know that Megadeth aren't playing tomorrow? It's on next Monday!:p

Ah yeah, I was just writing my signature ages ago, and forgot the specific date....must update that now actually;)

Anybody going to the Megadeth tribute night in Fred's the night before the gig?

From their facebook page:

Please note, for those attending the Megadeth concert at Live At The Marquee in Cork, Ireland on Monday, June 14, doors and show times have been changed to an earlier time. Doors will open one hour earlier at 6PM, Sirocco will take the stage at 6:45PM, Megadeth will take the stage at 8PM. For ticket information in Cork, visit www.TicketMaster.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Calvatron

Can't wait for this. By all accounts they have been playing R.I.P in it's entirety on the European tour too!!! Checked out some of the vids on youtube and it's looking good. The support are a local celtic thrash band. Big gig for them. Hopefully they get a crowd. Finally get to see Megadeth with Junior!!!!!

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    From their facebook page:

Doors will open one hour earlier at 6PM, Sirocco will take the stage at 6:45PM, Megadeth will take the stage at 8PM. For ticket information in Cork, visit www.TicketMaster.ie.

Ah, so we can all go to bed with some coco at around 10pm, since I cannot see Mustaine playing any longer then 2 hours

Unlike Metallica, he doesn't **** around, he comes in....performs...and leaves

I'm not surprised this is the case anyway because I wouldn't have suspected an open air city centre concert would go on, or could go on legally, longer then 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/512/105/

hmmm, transport logistics indeed! Meaning Dave and Co want to get the flock outta there as fast as possible.

Makes sense, as they need to be in Poland two days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

This has probably been asked 100 times,but now its 101. Where the bloody hell is The Marquee in Cork? Im driving down from Kilkenny. Ive looked it up online but theres not comprehensive enough info. Cheers in advance.

This has probably been asked 100 times,but now its 101. Where the bloody hell is The Marquee in Cork? Im driving down from Kilkenny. Ive looked it up online but theres not comprehensive enough info. Cheers in advance.

Its on the Docklands

In 2007 they changed the location to The Docklands on Centre Park Road in Cork

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Centre+Park+Road+in+Cork&sll=52.116626,-8.874207&sspn=0.907373,2.469177&doflg=ptk&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Centre+Park+Rd,+Cork,+County+Cork,+Ireland&ll=51.898899,-8.448787&spn=0.014909,0.038581&z=15

If you consult the map you'll find more information, and you can get directions to there from your postcode, I don't know where on the road it is exactly but I'm told it's near enough to the middle with a seaview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

From wiki Linky to map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Ah, so we can all go to bed with some coco at around 10pm, since I cannot see Mustaine playing any longer then 2 hours

Suits me if it is over by 10pm. i am an old man who has work on Tuesday morning :)
    DeadSkin wrote: »
    From wiki Linky to map

Is the car parking on the same site or is it somewhere nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is the car parking on the same site or is it somewhere nearby?

I can't remember a car park. I was there a couple of years a go, stayed in town and got a taxi over. I'd say take a spin over, you're bound to find somewhere to park nearby.

Anyone know if they played RIP yesterday at Download?

Anyone know if they played RIP yesterday at Download?

They played a few tracks but not the entire album

They played a few tracks but not the entire album

Hmmm, is that a bad sign for us? It was a festival so they probably did not play the same setlist that they would have played on there own headlining show. Hopefully we'll get RIP in full tomorrow, be a bit of a bollox if they dropped it now after playing it full the past couple of months.

Hmmm, is that a bad sign for us? It was a festival so they probably did not play the same setlist that they would have played on there own headlining show. Hopefully we'll get RIP in full tomorrow, be a bit of a bollox if they dropped it now after playing it full the past couple of months.

The only reason the cut songs out was because they only had 13 songs on the set,

They will play RIP in full tomorrow :pac:
    No worries at all about that.

Set badly needs more So Far So Good So What! though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thumbs_Down

Anyone know if there will be a pit or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Anybody got a spare ticket, please give me a shout if you do, as I am now able to make this. Much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is it sold out?

Advertisement