Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth-Marquee Cork 14 June 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

According to Metal Ireland, Dave and the lads are handing in Freds now watching the tribute night. I'm really regretting not going now :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Yarr tis true. I got a few texts from people that just met him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Anyone know if there will be a pit or not?
    hmmmmmmm..........I wonder........................

hmmmmmmm..........I wonder........................

I think he means like a pit area, like a section in front of the stage seperated from the rest of the standing area, which I don't think there is. As for the other type of pit, there damn well better be, hope that the sercuity down there won't be assholes about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The Dave's visit Blarney Castle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Bloody Hell, I thought Mustaine had the gift of the gab already.
    There will be no stopping him now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

so guys, make me super jealous, what was the set list like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

this is great!

The Dave's visit Blarney Castle!

i kissed that f'n grimy stone a few year ago.. risky business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That was an awesome show

I think he means like a pit area, like a section in front of the stage seperated from the rest of the standing area, which I don't think there is. As for the other type of pit, there damn well better be, hope that the sercuity down there won't be assholes about it!
    they were assholes,but it was still great! really good gig, loved it

• Advertisement

they were assholes,but it was still great! really good gig, loved it

Well they were assholes at the start, but kinda gave up when Megadeth came on. Was a really good gig, delighted we got all of RIP. The sound was a bit shit but the band were very solid. Anyone know what the fuck Dave was going on about when he gave the first speech, couldn't make out a damn word of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder in Summer 2011 will there be anymore rock bands playing the Marquee. Metallica??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dialectic Chaos
    Wake up Dead
    Headcrusher
    In my Darkest Hour
    Holy Wars
    Hangar 18
    Take no Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison was the Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado of Souls
    Dawn Patrol
    Rust in Peace..... Polaris
    Trust
    A Tout Le Monde
    Sweating Bullets
    Symphony of Destruction
    Peace Sells -(Holy Wars Reprise)

Edit: Just noticed this was the same as the Holland set

Well they were assholes at the start, but kinda gave up when Megadeth came on. Was a really good gig, delighted we got all of RIP. The sound was a bit shit but the band were very solid. Anyone know what the fuck Dave was going on about when he gave the first speech, couldn't make out a damn word of it?
    agree with ya, but sure what can you do? I heard him talking about meeting 2 dudes in town last night (well, sunday night now) asking him to sign stuff, and I didn't catch much more than him saying "and the little pussy was wearing a French jersey"-to which everyone of course went apesh!t

Anyone know what the fuck Dave was going on about when he gave the first speech, couldn't make out a damn word of it?

From what I could make out he was saying how he went to watch the Megadeth tribute the night before and some guy on the street was asking him to sign stuff. Mustaine wasn't in the mood for it and the guy started shouting abuse at him. "Some pussy wearing a French soccer shirt"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Ooh ....Five Magics. Nice setlist
    Looking forward to seeing them next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That gig was unreal. I had to go sit down because one of the guys I was with would only sit - so was expecting a great gig but no atmosphere. No atmosphere my arse. There was a guy sitting next to me who's obviously a sh1t hot drummer air drumming most of the set in _perfect_ time. Felt like asking him if he wanted to start up a tribute band. Then there was the hot asian girl wearing a belt instead of a skirt.

Can't believe Mustaine and the boys went into Fred Zepplins, that's unreal. Plus he cracked a good joke about Theirry Henry on stage too. Fantastic gig, and just cemented Megadeth as one of the all time best bands for me. Enjoyed it more than any Metallica gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Best gig in a long while and got me a CB plec into the bargain.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

i must of been sitting by paintdoctor for a few songs. saw the drummer guy and the skimpy skirt..

as for the gig - pure class - technically brilliant, no overplaying. thought the sound got better as the night went on.
    I left very happy and glad that i saw them.
    felt at the end of the night that megadeth really thanked the crowd for coming unlike some bands who just walk off and say good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I seriously want to go jump of a bridge now....this gig looked ****ing insane...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Well that was ****ing amazing :pac:

No let up at all, One ****ing classic after another :cool:

No idea what Dave said before they played Holy Wars

but **** me what a gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Thought it was a brilliant. Great set-list and performance.

Also thought Sirocco were very good, shame the place hadn't filled up by then but I'd say some people hadn't realised it was brought forward.

Risteard wrote: »
    Also thought Sirocco were very good

They were better than what I was expecting. Place was pretty empty up until about 15 minutes before Megadeth took to the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    They were better than what I was expecting. Place was pretty empty up until about 15 minutes before Megadeth took to the stage

Sure was,
    Didn't expect that. Probably being on a Monday didn't help but I did expect a lot more people there.

I got asked after the gig who was supporting so im guessing the majority just didn't have a clue it started an hour earlier

one of my younger friends broke his arm in the pit 5 mins in :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

hot asian girl wearing a belt instead of a skirt
    corkthai wrote: »
    the skimpy skirt

.. gah. missed out alright

gathered it was the RIP set. if they ever do a SOD tour i hit my teens around that release, so left a big impression would be good

edit: CTE tour even :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

Amazing gig, one of the best times I've ever seen Megadeth!!

New album in the works, hopefully next time they'll hit Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Third time seeing them and it was the best for sure, seeing Lucretia live was just :eek:

Nice to see some of the classics too, A Tout Le Monde and Trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

IanMc666 wrote: »

Nice to see some of the classics too, A Tout Le Monde and Trust.

Think I'd have preferred Devils Island or Good Morning/Black Friday to Trust but no complaints, amazing set, amazing band, amazing gig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mega-offaly

Epic gig.

That is all.:D

Advertisement