Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend 4 wheel alignment in Donegal area

• 02-02-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I had alignment done on my 05 bmw 320cd coupe last year when I put on 2 new falken 452's on front - guy in tyre centre insisted on setting car up as M3 - I kinda know him so I went along with this. Apart from the tramlining (slightly worse than before wheel alignment) I have noticed inside of both front tyres getting chewed up after 10K. Can anyone recommend someone in Donegal or the North West area who can set this car up properly.

PS - the car is in good shape - had BMW healthcheck done on it a few months ago.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Well theres advance pit stop just out past the LYIT in Letterkenny or you could go to Strabane into Modern Tyre Service just in past ASDA, they also do it. I had my car done in there yesterday, no problems. Pearse road tyres also do it as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭teelinboy

Thanks for that Dish - do you know if any of these use laser 4 wheel alignment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Any chance it's to do with the roads? I hear they're pretty bad out there.

Not 100% lad sorry. Roads arent all that bad i think and i drive a lowered car. Raphoe area is bad and odd bits and bobs like everywhere else!

Hi Steve06,

Your right about a lot of the roads up here, they do make the tramlining much worse but they are not causing the inside of the tyres to chew out. Tramlining is is a well known issue with these cars, just hoping to find someone who understands that (probably through past experience), and also knows the best way to set up this car given the really big tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Try your local Subaru dealer not sure if there are any near you I had a problem with my car and got it sorted by Castle Garage in bray.They told me that all Subaru dealers have laser four wheel alignment for setting up the Subaru,s properly maybe they can help.

Well if your mentioning dealerships having four wheel alignment, i know murray motors have it out the Newtown road

Thanks for that Darsad - I just checked Subaru Ireland site and the nearest dealer is in Lifford about 50 miles from me (I am in SW Donegal) but will keep it in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Donegal Tyre Centre (?) in Donegal Town has a laser jobby - Just down from Lidl on the same side of the road heading from the roundabout.

m.

Thanks for that mmcm888

Have you had your alignment done there or are you just aware that they do laser alignment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Had it done a year or three ago there. Stopped the car eating tyres so I've no complaints. Nearly 100% sure it is a laser - no spirit levels & bubbles involved.

m.

Advertisement