Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do lost licences go

Options
  • 02-02-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Does anybody know where the post returned to the PO Box in Blackrock ends up, would it be forwarded to the District HQ?

I paid for my licences 3 weeks ago and still no sign. I know of two other people who paid for theirs more recently and have received theirs so mine should have been posted 10 days ago or so

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

mrhd wrote: »
    I paid for my licences 3 weeks ago and still no sign.

I had a similar scenario. Paid for my license but nothing after 2 weeks. Turns out a newbie postman didn't understand the address (i'm out in the sticks) and returned the post as undelivered.

All post in relation to firearms gets returned to the main office in county Clare. There is a helpline number on the bottom of your grant letter. Call them and ask them to locate your license. If they haven't received it back, ask them to contact your local sorting office and then as a final option your FO or the Garda FPU can track it down for you. They take lost licenses as a serious thing. When i rang about mine i had word but within an hour as to where it was.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement