Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vu+ duo

Comments

irishchris wrote: »
    Hi mate. Is been looked at but if you could add a NEW thread on worldofsat forum it will be highlighted again.
    Some here have reported since they set their swap file, picons,pts etc on hdd instead of usb that it has helped this problem for them. Worth trying

I swapped all mine onto the HD but I still get the same issue with DTT.

New Vix Image out.

My Irish DTT is working better at the moment, no hangs or crashes so far, and I love th new layout and extras!

New VIX Image VU+ Duo - v2.2.100
    21/07/2011 - Open ViX 2.2.100
    Based on Open PLi 2.0

From VIX Team

Enigma: 21-07-2011.
    Enigma Plugins: 21-07-2011.
    GCC Version: 4.4.4.
    Kernel Version: 2.6.18.
    Drivers: 20110708.

If you wish to perform an online update, then you will be able to upgrade your v2.2 image to v2.2.1 via the online functions. This full image is available for those who do not have online functionality on their box, or wish to perform a full reflash...

Team ViX Enchancements

New Features

BackupManager - Lets you create scheduled backups of your system files (not full Image like Image Manager).
    RestoreWizard - This a wizard that detects and restores you backup (created with BackupManager), with option to restore your extra plugins.
    ImageManager - Major code rewrite, now handled by Job task, view progress of image creation in extension list (blue button)
    ViX Menu - Added PackageManagement & Software Update, so SoftwareManager is now not needed. It is also now translatable into different languages.
    NetworkInadyn - Add new network setup screen Inadyn.
    OScam/CCam Info - Added options to show in Extension List. (the Menu item will now only show IF the softcam is installed).
    OnlineVersionCheck - Added option to disable online check by setting check value to '0' and set a maximun timer to 48 hours.
    Recording List - Added a new option in MovieList Settings to use a "Slim" list like the "Slim" Channel slection screen.
    EPG Graphical - This is now in core, no longer a plugin (was ViXEPG), added the option to show Bouquets on launch.
    EPG Menu - Add Load/Save item, this allow you reload/save the EPG cache.
    E2-Plugin's - Updated all to plugin's to the latest GIT from PLi.
    ZAP Timer - This will create a zap timer (rather than a recording timer) for the selected event in the EPG/Single EPG etc. To activate this, select the event from the EPG, and do a long button press on the record button. This is a non-configurable timer, so will use all defaults, and just set the record to a zap, rather than a record. When adding a zap timer, the clock icon will show on the previous event. This is to do with the pre-start timer.

Fixes

SwapManager - Code cleanup, for better activation/detecion.
    About Screen - Updated infomation screen, better layout, more information. VFD now shows image version.
    EPG Search - Fix a bug where the yellow button just opened a blank EPGSearch screen instead of actually perfoming a search on the current event. Also, added 'Show History' to long yellow button press whilst in EPGSearch.
    EPG Cache - Updated so now it does not require 2 reboots in order to use new location.
    EventView - Fix GS on opening Similar List.
    Network Link State - fixed Vu+ machine network link state.
    PluginBrowser - fix it not installing picons.
    ShoutCast - Fixed plugin.
    SoftcamManager - Add Timercheck for OScam to support no username or password in Webif, fix GS when pressing coloured buttons, if no softcams installed, also code clean up.
    Translation - Updated NL language files.
    Permantent TimeShift fix and embed PTS.
    Updated KeyMap - Fixes a few MoviePlayer remote control issues.
    ViX HD skin - PNG fix for selected items in lists, Tweaked the Jobview screen, 'New Online Version' icon now flashes to remind you of an update.
    VIXEPG fix - The < > keys for jumping +/- 1 day.
    NetworkBrowser - fix GS when creating CIFS mounts.
    RemoteSetup fix GS when showCoolTVGuide is selected.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
    Long Red*** - Show current event.
    Short Green** & *** - Timers.
    Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
    Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
    Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
    Short Blue - Extensions.
    Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
    EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
    Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
    Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
    Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
    Long Up/Down** - Open Simple TV List.
    TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
    Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
    *** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Known Bugs

• Second subtitles in AVI, MP4 etc often need a stepskip to enable them to show up.
    • Shoutcast has no genrelists and menu is not working.

Special Thanks

• rytec - for his continued support.
    • PLi Team for their great base image and allowing us to use it.
    • zoka.cc for his Picon sets
    • Coolman and all other developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
    • All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image and DTT working

Screenshots

About Screen:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9444&d=1311258909

ViX Menu:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=9440&d=1311258524

Downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/?w5ni9m0w92fdcuc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks for this, I am thinking of getting one but waiting to see when the newer one gets released!! so keeping an eye on here.

gbc-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    thanks for this, I am thinking of getting one but waiting to see when the newer one gets released!! so keeping an eye on here.

gbc-

If you are referring to the triple tuner ultimo then I hope have deep pockets as numerous sources have it priced at about £600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

ah! then the price of the duo should drop quite a bit!! £600.00??? way too much.

gbc

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    ah! then the price of the duo should drop quite a bit!! £600.00??? way too much.

gbc

I wouldnt bank on that.

The Ultimo doesnt seem to be a replacement for the Duo but more a top tier receiver like the way the DM800 and the DM8000 at the next level.

My advice would be to just get the Duo now.

I was considering holding off for the Ultimo until I heard the price and the specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

I've updated to new version of Vix and it looks good so far. But when scrolling all the channels, I notice my Sky FTV card has stopped working because it was not kep talive by oscam. I have now put it back in an old Sky box and will let it cook for the day to get it back live again.

Here's my question
    How do you setup oscam to keep sky ftv cards alive? I remember adding a setting or two to one or two config files but it obviously didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Posted this elsewhere, thought some of you Vu+Duo owners might be interested and might help in my efforts to get tntsat working:

TNTSAT Card replacement by post code trick works!

TNTSAT is french tv version of Sky freetoview card. TNTSAT card currently renewing their cards. The new card is 15 euro. This gives you acces to over 20 french tv channels on 19degs east.

I ordered a card from the TNTSAT website using the postcode trick (entering my irish address, but inserting a french postcode) My card arrived in post 8 days later.

Card can be ordered here:

[url]http://renouvellementcarte.tntsat.tv...:NAVGAUCHE:MEA[/url]

Channels included;

http://www.tntsat.tv/L-offre-TNTSAT.htm

Card activates on tuning to TF1 on Tntsat box.

Card also activates on lastest versions of oscam. Trying to figure oscam out. Currently have oscam 1.04 running on duo opening uk free to view channels with sky ftv card. I think i need later version of oscam .Any Help would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

Looking at getting a new box, trying to decide between
    VU+ duo
    or
    Humax HD Freesat receiver with recording 500gb

From my limited research the Humax seems not to have the ability to set up favourites list for channels.

Also think there isn't a cutlist editor with humax, can the files be edited by computer, or what do people commonly achieve this. Want to cut adds from recorded material.

I think from scanning this tread that some images on the Vu+Duo do have a cutlist editor

We dont have hd tv, or saorview approved tv and hope to use for FTA channels. What are the options around recording/viewing RTE channels via the humax box or VU+duo (without getting extra dish or motorised dish).

Is it worth spending an extra ~€100 on a VU+ Duo and then buying an external hard disk.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask

If you are just on 28e (Sky) and not into satellite receivers/watching foreign satellite then I would suggest you stick to the Humax as it is much more user friendly.

You wont be able to record RTE on the Humax.

On the Duo yes but you will need to become familiar with linux and cs etc (banned here btw) and possibly require a sub to sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

redout wrote: »
    If you are just on 28e (Sky) and not into satellite receivers/watching foreign satellite then I would suggest you stick to the Humax as it is much more user friendly.

You wont be able to record RTE on the Humax.

On the Duo yes but you will need to become familiar with linux and cs etc (banned here btw) and possibly require a sub to sky.

What are you talking about?
    I don't mean to imply your post makes no sense, but I don't understand what it is saying (and I don't agree with most of what I do understand)..

1. As far as I know no Humax box will even show Irish DTT (eg. RTE), so it's not an option if you want to watch Irish channels and UK/satt from one listing.

2. You doesn't need to "become familiar with linux" to use a Duo. And I don't know what "cs etc (banned here btw)" means either.

3. Why would you need a sky sub?

Yes the Duo is a bit of a pain to initially set up (and doesn't require Linux knowledge -just an ability to trawl forums, ask the right questions and be of a somewhat-tech-bent), but once that's done you have Irish/UK/satt channels available to watch and record from one epg, more or less equivelant to Sky+. I don't think anything else gives that option to date.

My Humax Freesat box is great too, but with no Irish DTT option on it we never watch Irish channels in the main tv room. Too much bother viewing the bad-quality analogue we get and even if we had a seperate saorview box we'd never even think to switch to it.

What I said about the humax is correct.

What I said about needing a sky sub to record RTE on the Duo is correct unless of course you buy an additional usb DTT tuner and install it on your Duo.

I would view "just an ability to trawl forums, ask the right questions" making one become familiar with linux.

It's true he wouldn't be able to record RTE on the Humax, but that's because he wouldn't be able to view RTE on the Humax. So I agree it was correct, but misleading in my opinion. Not that you intended to mislead. There is/was also the possibility I was thinking of something different, so I didn't intend to imply that you were wrong -only that your emphasis seemed to be in the wrong parts in most of what you were saying... if I was understanding it, which I wasn't certain of.

A DTT tuner is about the equivelant of 1 month's SKY basic sub, I think, so I don't see how a sub would be more likely or necessary than a usb stick.

Again I'm not sure I see your last point, but if you mean you can learn about Linux by trawling forums and asking the right questions... You can also learn about Indian elephants that way, but I don't believe that has any relevance to setting up a Duo either.

It's true he wouldn't be able to record RTE on the Humax, but that's because he wouldn't be able to view RTE on the Humax. So I agree it was correct, but misleading in my opinion. Not that you intended to mislead. There is/was also the possibility I was thinking of something different, so I didn't intend to imply that you were wrong -only that your emphasis seemed to be in the wrong parts in most of what you were saying... if I was understanding it, which I wasn't certain of.

A DTT tuner is about the equivelant of 1 month's SKY basic sub, I think, so I don't see how a sub would be more likely or necessary than a usb stick.

Again I'm not sure I see your last point, but if you mean you can learn about Linux by trawling forums and asking the right questions... You can also learn about Indian elephants that way, but I don't believe that has any relevance to setting up a Duo either.

Alright - I'll leave this to someone else as you clearly seem to know everything.

Be like that if you must, but I didn't mean to shut you up -only to understand what you were getting at. I'm possibly the most clueless person on this thread who has been posting/ viewing it for a while when it comes to knowing anything about sattelite tv, so if I've given the impression I believe I know it all I'm afraid I've mislead you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Be like that if you must, but I didn't mean to shut you up -only to understand what you were getting at....so if I've given the impression I believe I know it all I'm afraid I've mislead you.

I wouldn't take it to heart, he has a bit of an attitude it seems!

Thanks all for the all the info.

While interested in a turnkey solution, having DTT semi integrated is somewhat important, so now considering getting a VU+ Duo.

Can anyone tell me if there is an internal slot for hdd, or is there a recommended external drive (low noise/long life)

BTW this is a replacement for DM7025 with a 160gb internal drive which has a PSU thats on the blink (could send back to germany at a cost of ~€100 +postage for repair assuming that is the issue)

There is internal room for an ordinary internal SATA HD. It requires opening the full unit (screws) and unscrewing the metal bay within to fit the HD underneath, then screw it back in place. For me it was a slightly queesy experience opening a 400euro package then taking a screwdriver to it immediately, but that was nothing more complicated than I've done many times in a PC.

You can also use the external SATA slot if it suits as you say.

To give you a further start, from there basically you just need the latest image file (I can recommend VIX). Put it on a USB stick and boot it.

That updates the firmware with VIX.
    From there, you initialise the hard disk and set up the tuner(s) (depending on how many inputs you have).

Now all the channels should be on but they're all in a mess, so ideally you should get Dreamedit software for your PC, use that to connect to your Duo over your network. From there you can rearrange your channel listing/ Bouquet in any order you like and send it back to your Duo from within Dreamedit.

Now (or before then if you like) you insert your DTT (Digital Terrestrial TV) USB stick to act as a third tuner. I think you need to select the relevant usb stick from the Plugins option in VIX if I remember correctly. Once that's done you should be able to tune in the Irish channels in the same way as before.

Using Dreamedit again, update the bouquet sticking the Irish channels at the top or wherever you like.

Anything else is cosmetics and tinkering. More or less. Mostly involving trawling through onscreen menu options and seeing what works and what effect it has.

I don't know how that sounds "in the raw", but it's not too difficult once you're at it. You can always ask here if you run into bother.

Win Nova DTT stick works for me. Others recommend the PlayTV usb stick for the PS3.

Be like that if you must, but I didn't mean to shut you up -only to understand what you were getting at. I'm possibly the most clueless person on this thread who has been posting/ viewing it for a while when it comes to knowing anything about sattelite tv, so if I've given the impression I believe I know it all I'm afraid I've mislead you.

Be like what?

You didnt shut me up - I chose to no longer offer you advice.

When I did offer you advice you chose to repeatedly question and belittle that which I gave.

If you dont understand something and need clarification then fair enough just ask - no need to resort to belittling that which you say you do not understand.

Seems fair game that I no longer chose to offer you any - why should I put up with your attitude?
    NUTZZ wrote: »
    I wouldn't take it to heart, he has a bit of an attitude it seems!

As for the attitude problem it would seem you have the wrong poster.

Wasnt it only yesterday that you helped another poster "to turn our wonderful Soccer forum into a 12 year olds MySpace page!"

• Advertisement

OK.
    I didn't mean it to sound like I was belittling you. If you could reword what I said in a manner that makes it sound less like I'm belittling you and still get the point/s across I'll be happy to accept your wording.

Two people can witness the same events and have two completely different stories. My main point was I felt either I wasn't understanding your version or else I felt your emphasis was in a different way to how I would put it.

No offence. Let's make up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

ocy wrote: »
    Looking at getting a new box, trying to decide between
    VU+ duo
    or
    Humax HD Freesat receiver with recording 500gb

From my limited research the Humax seems not to have the ability to set up favourites list for channels.

Also think there isn't a cutlist editor with humax, can the files be edited by computer, or what do people commonly achieve this. Want to cut adds from recorded material.

I think from scanning this tread that some images on the Vu+Duo do have a cutlist editor

We dont have hd tv, or saorview approved tv and hope to use for FTA channels. What are the options around recording/viewing RTE channels via the humax box or VU+duo (without getting extra dish or motorised dish).

Is it worth spending an extra ~€100 on a VU+ Duo and then buying an external hard disk.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask

I'll throw another box into the mix

Xtrend ET9000 ... same price as the DUO but with better hardware .. no need to setup silly swap spaces for over bloated images.

Try the Egami image with it, has DVB-T drivers built in and works well

As for the attitude problem it would seem you have the wrong poster.

Wasnt it only yesterday that you helped another poster "to turn our wonderful Soccer forum into a 12 year olds MySpace page!"

Thanks for just proving my case! I was clearly joking in the soccer forum as the thread had gone totally off topic, and then you just jumped right in with your own conclusions!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Thanks for just proving my case! I was clearly joking in the soccer forum as the thread had gone totally off topic, and then you just jumped right in with your own conclusions!

Yes the thread had gone off topic and you off all persons should have known as you jumped in early on to help contribute to its going off topic. Obviously not happy with me pointing that out after you accused another poster of dragging the thread down you saw an opportunity here to make a snide remark.

It is because of posters like yourself that that forum is such a complete an utter mess. I would suggest constructive remarks, ignore lists or no comments as appropriate courses of action in such situations as opposed to adding to the unnecessary and irrelevant ones which only serve to fan the flames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Vu Duo new drivers in latest version of VIX enables 2 satellite positions at 9deg east for KU/KA band. This should mean that those of us that have existing ku lnb pointed at 9east should not loose these channels if we want to install ka lnb for saorsat. We can effectively have 2 lnbs pointed at 9east. Second small dish will probably be required for saorsat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

on topic:

I did an online upgrade of VIX, from 2.2 to 2.2.107

now the andriod app: dreamdroid that I was using, to control my vu+, has stopped working.

The web interface is working normally, but I am getting a 500 internal server
    error, when I go to extras/device info.

Anyone else see this, or a workaround?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

kierank01 wrote: »
    on topic:

now the andriod app: dreamdroid that I was using, to control my vu+, has stopped working.

Just noticed this myself today. Will get team on it. Would help if you and anyone who experiences it could report it on vix forum. Thanks

Yes the thread had gone off topic and you off all persons should have known as you jumped in early on to help contribute to its going off topic. Obviously not happy with me pointing that out after you accused another poster of dragging the thread down you saw an opportunity here to make a snide remark.

It is because of posters like yourself that that forum is such a complete an utter mess. I would suggest constructive remarks, ignore lists or no comments as appropriate courses of action in such situations as opposed to adding to the unnecessary and irrelevant ones which only serve to fan the flames.

How exactly did I contribute to it going off topic? I was the one trying to get back on topic, it was my thread after all! You talk about 'constructive remarks', and how exactly was your contribution in any way considered constructive?

It's because of posters like you that ignore lists are required in the first place seeing as your post was highly unnecessary and irrelevant and really only served to fan flames as you put it.

No need to drag this out any longer and take this thread even more off topic, so I'll leave it here! :)

PM sent.

on topic:

It is now fixed for next update - 2.2.108

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Just noticed this myself today. Will get team on it. Would help if you and anyone who experiences it could report it on vix forum. Thanks

Cheers, I don't really logon to the VIX forum that much, it is too much like hard work trawling through the site.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I don't really logon to the VIX forum that much, it is too much like hard work trawling through the site.
    Tested today with the latest beta image with fix and it works flawless once more with dreamdroid. Will be in next public release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MrSneeg

18 months on, 1362 posts, and you are still getting away with what is not allowed to be mentioned,

if this was a thread about Dreamboxox you would be banned.

its a long, long, thread about a linux rx that thieves an EPG from elsewhere, isnt a true combo box and is very expensive.

as this isnt a card sharing forum etc, I would expect a mod to look at this thread to ensure the forums rules are not being breached,

after all its just a twin tuner FTA SAT receiver out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Why dont you read the 1362 posts and let them know?

MrSneeg wrote: »
    18 months on, 1362 posts, and you are still getting away with what is not allowed to be mentioned,

its a long, long, thread about a linux rx that thieves an EPG from elsewhere, isnt a true combo box and is very expensive.

as this isnt a card sharing forum etc, I would expect a mod to look at this thread to ensure the forums rules are not being breached,

Lol. There's always one. I for your information do not use and do not believe in CS whatsoever as many that use it don't. But this reciever has the ability to read my Cyfra+ card and my jsc sport card without the need of separate official recievers for each and uses a software cam instead of hardware came and hence works out very good value. Add to that the fta UK channels (eg BBC HD , itv HD etc) and its ability to add a usb tuner for all saorview channels and it provides more channels than one could wish for. Now the alternative is for me to buy a Cyfra reciever, a freesat HD reciever, a jsc sports reciever and a saorview reciever. So in effect spend more money to clutter my living room with FOUR recievers and remotes. No thanks I will take the vu + duo and have it all in one. Nothing wrong with the epg system either. It automatically downloads the epg from either skys stream OR by downloading rytec compiled sources and all do.e automatically daily after the initial setup.
    I get all the footy I could want from my Cyfra and jsc subs and latest movies / shows in HD on Cyfra, all UK shows (and the missus' soaps in Hd) and all the Irish and HD saorview channels. For me is perfection with the odd issue which are fixed by endless updates.
    So i think you may have to review your comment on it being just a expensive fta reciever lol or leave it to people who have one as they are truly only the people who could review it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

MrSneeg wrote: »

What a Muppet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi all, just a couple of questions,

Recently an error has appeared on my vu duo as follows, online check error or similar, does anyone know what this might be.

Also I tried to re tune in dtt from kippure for the + channels using a full scan with nothing found althoug I have the other channels, I am using the Sony play TV tuner with no problem's, should I try with the nova stick which is crap on vix.

Vinnie

VINNIEB wrote: »
    Hi all, just a couple of questions,

Recently an error has appeared on my vu duo as follows, online check error or similar, does anyone know what this might be.
    it is the check which vix does to check if there are any online updates available for the image and uses your internet connection. if there is no network connection active then it shows the online check error message onscreen

Just completed a software update. Then tried the following

Menu, Setup, Service searching, Satfinder.
    When I choose one of my tuners are press OK, I get the green screen of death. Tried twice with same result each time.

I dont ever go near that other forum, never will, so if anyone could try and see if they have the same issue perhaps?

dnme wrote: »
    Just completed a software update. Then tried the following

Menu, Setup, Service searching, Satfinder.
    When I choose one of my tuners are press OK, I get the green screen of death. Tried twice with same result each time.

I dont ever go near that other forum, never will, so if anyone could try and see if they have the same issue perhaps?
    Yes its a known issue which should be fixed in next update

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

it is the check which vix does to check if there are any online updates available for the image and uses your internet connection. if there is no network connection active then it shows the online check error message onscreen

Thanks Irishchris,

Thats what i thought, so nothing to worry about, even though i am connected to the net.

Vinnie

• Advertisement

Yes its a known issue which should be fixed in next update

Mighty, what are ya!

I think someone mentioned an Android app to be able to record things on the Duo remotely..? If so, link/ info please...?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

If its to set recordings on android I use DreamDroid.

Works perfectly.

You also need to set your router if you want to access from outside.

It gives you lots of other features like remote control and EPG.

D

So ordered the Vu+Duo and arrived today, have tried to register on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forum.php to download image, but waiting on confirmation mail. anyone know how long this normally takes?

Also bought Sony Play Tv on ebay, so here's hoping it all comes together. Anyone know if the hard drive from my DM7025 will fit the Vu?

ocy wrote: »
    So ordered the Vu+Duo and arrived today, have tried to register on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forum.php to download image, but waiting on confirmation mail. anyone know how long this normally takes?

Also bought Sony Play Tv on ebay, so here's hoping it all comes together. Anyone know if the hard drive from my DM7025 will fit the Vu?

You can download images here http://linuxsat-support.com/vu-duo-images/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I ordered the Vu+ Uno from ielektronics for €299 last Monday. Still says processing! Has anyone ordered from them before? I thought they would have sent it within a week!

I ordered on 5th and it arrived yesterday 15th

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I ordered the Vu+ Uno from ielektronics for €299 last Monday. Still says processing! Has anyone ordered from them before? I thought they would have sent it within a week!

A friend of mine ordered one recently. He put my address since I was the one setting it up for him. The status was processing right up to the day it arrived (around a week later) and beyond.

Expect it today/tomorrow/this week I'd say.

dfdream wrote: »
    If its to set recordings on android I use DreamDroid.

Works perfectly.

You also need to set your router if you want to access from outside.

It gives you lots of other features like remote control and EPG.

D

Do/ can you use it for streaming recorded programming too? That sounds amazing (on the website I see people say they can't get that working, but supposedly it does work on some setups).

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be an option for my device (Eee Pad Transformer/ 3.2). Hopefully it'll be available soon.

If there are any other such 'apps' available I'm all ears.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine ordered one recently. He put my address since I was the one setting it up for him. The status was processing right up to the day it arrived (around a week later) and beyond.

Expect it today/tomorrow/this week I'd say.

any chance you could set mine up too:D, had a go at it last night, but it keeps freezing (using the VIX image)!

Tonight is another night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement