Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vu+ duo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

stanley1 wrote: »
    +1 for picons and epg on usb stick, caused me many a crash on my vu till I found this out.

aye you would kill the nand memory of the box writing to it all the time

and I don't what the HD to spin up everytime it has to load a picon, got myself a nice class 10 usb stick for the EPG & picon's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

my openwebif suddenly started working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Top tip for you - be very careful when setting up CrossEPG to ensure you do not store EPG data in internal flash memory (I think this may be the default). EPG data filling up memory is one of the biggest reasons for crashes. it's best to use a USB stick for EPG and PICONs (and indeed also for timeshift recording).
    This depends on wheather you are using a usb tuner also.
    There have been suggestions that there might not be enough power to support both, unless you use a powered hub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Yes. I use a powered hub to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I was looking at an Ultimo today that had latest VIX, the web interface was OpenWebIF I read somewhere that it replaced the web control in VIX, is that correct?, if so I wouldn't be keen on updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Unless I'm missing something, web control in Vix on the Duo is also handled by OpenWebif. It didn't used to be that way (had trouble getting DreamDroid working for a while) but now I don't see a problem. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I have VIX 2.2.110 when I browse to the web port I get VU+ Duo Web Control I can set timers and I can backup bouquets etc however with the version on the Ultimo it has the OpenWebIF which has far far less features?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

I have 2.3. It uses webif. ...Just checking, I can set timers (albeit a bit fiddly -must browse to the channel's epg beforehand). I don't see a way to backup a bouquet, but I do that in Dreamedit anyway.

I mostly use Dreamdroid as opposed to a browser, so the webif frontend doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Most, if not all, non Dreamboxes will be moving over to OpenWebif due to the licensing issues using the existing webinterface ...

Dreambox licence holders have been flexing their muscles and requesting removal of their plugins from non dreambox's. ...

Nothing to stop you installing the old webinterface yourself afterwards though (if thats what you prefer) :)

Just got my box Friday and love it, everything up and running within 20 minutes with ViX image

and it was even extremely easy to setup a stream to the Internet* :cool:

well worth the 300 quid

I went through a few skins but got a bit tedious after a while, so can anyone recommend a nice skin?

*(personal use only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

default vix is the one I stick with.

Robxxx7 wrote: »

Nothing to stop you installing the old webinterface yourself afterwards though (if thats what you prefer) :)

I tried to do that, but can't seem to make it work.

Do I have to uninstall the webif first? I have both set to different ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Guys - for those of you that have a USB tuner setup for Saorview, how did you do it? The Hauppage one I got is showing up now (as is a cheap eBay one) but an automatic scan of each is coming up with nothing. The antenna is good - the TV picks up all channels. I even tried an upgraded antenna, but nothing. Using Black Hole 1.7.3

Any ideas? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Guys - for those of you that have a USB tuner setup for Saorview, how did you do it? The Hauppage one I got is showing up now (as is a cheap eBay one) but an automatic scan of each is coming up with nothing. The antenna is good - the TV picks up all channels. I even tried an upgraded antenna, but nothing. Using Black Hole 1.7.3

What are your current settings for the USB tuner?
    Region? Do you have it set to DVB-T rather than -C? As sometimes it will be set to DVB-C by default.
    List your current settings for the tuner and someone here will surely point out any error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

I think it defaults to Australia for Terrestrial Provider in Tuner config. You need to set it to Europe/Middle East/Africa for it to work here.

banie01 wrote: »
    What are your current settings for the USB tuner?
    Region? Do you have it set to DVB-T rather than -C? As sometimes it will be set to DVB-C by default.
    List your current settings for the tuner and someone here will surely point out any error.
    rurs wrote: »
    I think it defaults to Australia for Terrestrial Provider in Tuner config. You need to set it to Europe/Middle East/Africa for it to work here.

I've played around with the settings alright. Here's what I have set -
    Configuration Mode: enabled
    Terrestrial Provider: Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies
    Enable 5V for active antenna: no

Then into Manual Scan, Select Tuner C and type of Scan is Complete.

Hope this helps!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've played around with the settings alright. Here's what I have set -
    Configuration Mode: enabled
    Terrestrial Provider: Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies
    Enable 5V for active antenna: no

Then into Manual Scan, Select Tuner C and type of Scan is Complete.

Hope this helps!! :)

In Manual Scan scan a single TP for your local transmitter set your bandwidth to 7mhz(I had initially used 8mhz but had no luck on my 1st scan) and see how that goes for you.

@ Salteedog, when I use 8mhz I get nothing even though it is the published Frequency step :-/ I need to use 7mhz...Strange!

Make sure bandwidth is set to 8 MHz - it may be defaulting to 7 MHz.

The saorview frequencies are here

I'm on Maghera - so that's channel 48 which is 690 MHz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Okay - I've left this long enough to have forgotten the score - what's the process for installing mgcam on vix, once you've installed the ipk and enabled mgcamd.1.35? What files need to be ftp'ed where?

cheers!

• Advertisement

kierank01 wrote: »
    I tried to do that, but can't seem to make it work.

Do I have to uninstall the webif first? I have both set to different ports.

Both webinterfaces will work .. as they use different ports as you stated.

Do you get any errors when you try to install it ?

Here is a link to an ipk of the webinterface
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mg4jz8

*edit* never mind this was answered on another forum, I stupidly had the wrong version of XBMC installed, it needs the PVR version (which I didn't know existed)

anybody setup the Duo with XBMC?

I have a HTPC upstairs and was trying to get this setup to be wife friendly as I can get it working through Tuxbox but it only gives a list of available channel lists

I tried the following (2nd post down)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16572-XBMC-PVR-AddOn-for-VU

but when I try to install the zip I get an error message in XMBC that the plugin has an incorrect structure :confused:

Has anyone accomplished this? can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

In Manual Scan scan a single TP for your local transmitter set your bandwidth to 7mhz(I had initially used 8mhz but had no luck on my 1st scan) and see how that goes for you.

@ Salteedog, when I use 8mhz I get nothing even though it is the published Frequency step :-/ I need to use 7mhz...Strange!
    Make sure bandwidth is set to 8 MHz - it may be defaulting to 7 MHz.

The saorview frequencies are here

I'm on Maghera - so that's channel 48 which is 690 MHz.

Sorry guys - I'm not 100% certain what you mean. So I shouldn't do a full scan but should do a single frequency scan instead, right? I found this website and Three Rock is listed as 738 MHz so I take it that this is the frequency I should be scanning?
    http://free-tv.ie/saorview-frequencies

I'll try this when I get home but should this frequency not be scanned as part of the full scan tho? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Sorry guys - I'm not 100% certain what you mean. So I shouldn't do a full scan but should do a single frequency scan instead, right? I found this website and Three Rock is listed as 738 MHz so I take it that this is the frequency I should be scanning?
    http://free-tv.ie/saorview-frequencies

I'll try this when I get home but should this frequency not be scanned as part of the full scan tho? :confused:

Well it should work on a complete scan, but scanning the one freq is obv. quicker,and leaves less things to worry about. I think it's in kHz, so you put in 738000 for three rock. Attached is my bouquets for Three Rock and 28E, if that's any help.

Both webinterfaces will work .. as they use different ports as you stated.

Do you get any errors when you try to install it ?

Here is a link to an ipk of the webinterface
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mg4jz8

Hi, no errors on install.

When I navigate to the port I have set, I get a
    [B]No Such Resource[/B]

File not found.

error
    I attempted to uninstall (it didn't seem to remove it from the plugins list)

I ran the ipk from the vix installer (no error) same issue when I navigate to the port set.

Did you change the port of the webinterface or have you left it as the default port 80 ?

• Advertisement

Did you change the port of the webinterface or have you left it as the default port 80 ?

Yes, I changed to to a different port, and only get that error when I go to that port.

Have you done a port forward on your router to this port as well ? Also check to ensure you're firewall isn't blocking the port

Have you done a port forward on your router to this port as well ? Also check to ensure you're firewall isn't blocking the port

Hi, I haven't, but I am attempting to access this from within my own network.

As a test, I have swapped the ports of the webif, and the webinterface, and the same issue occurs with the webinterface, and webif works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

RTE2 HD is on Satellite..

10744, Horizontal, 22000, 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

dfdream wrote: »
    RTE2 HD is on Satellite..

10744, Horizontal, 22000, 5/6

Not finding it!
    Im finding RTE1/2 TV3 etc here but I think these are the ones that come with sky subscriber package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

I scanned it in a while ago and it working fine,i think it only testing yet and is not named rte2hd but some comes in under some numbers ie, 10227 or such,regards
    just realised this is a vu+duo post,i actually scanned rtehd2 in on a different reciever so disregard,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

The name on the channel is 1270.
    I renamed it then with Dreamboxedit.

D
    dnme wrote: »
    Not finding it!
    Im finding RTE1/2 TV3 etc here but I think these are the ones that come with sky subscriber package.

dfdream wrote: »
    The name on the channel is 1270.
    I renamed it then with Dreamboxedit.

D

I see, many thanks. Why is this channel available? Is it going to be part of the Free to view or free to air line up? What about all the other Irish channels?

Sky are making it available on 28e for their Irish subscribers same as the other Irish terrestrial channels. I doubt very much it will ever be Free to Air on 28e given rights issues (RTE certainly cannot afford to buy rights to broadcast to 100 million people across UK and Western Europe). It will be FTA on Saorsat though on 9E.

Sky are making it available on 28e for their Irish subscribers same as the other Irish terrestrial channels. I doubt very much it will ever be Free to Air on 28e given rights issues (RTE certainly cannot afford to buy rights to broadcast to 100 million people across UK and Western Europe). It will be FTA on Saorsat though on 9E.

So is the current effort (1270) just for testing purposes?

If it was coming in unencrypted then that was just for testing. I understand it is officially going on the Sky EPG today - at which point it will certainly be encrypted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Fairly new with the set up of the Vu+ duo, all has gone well, uploaded Vix have the bouquet set up, receiving all the FTA, BBC etc. However I cant get the rte,s etc. I have the Nova wintv connected the plugin downloaded. It shows up in the tuners. All i get is the radio channels when I scan.
    Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

New Vix available:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18171-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Duo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

OpenViX released to all members!

OpenViX, what is it you ask?
    Due to the time its beentaking between image releases as a team we've decided to give access to betareleases and the very latest builds to all members. This way all ViX users can try out all the latest features etc...
    For the time being there will builds as required, containing fixes as needed,at some point in the future we hope and plan to have automated nightly builds.

Where do I download OpenViX?
    OpenViX can be download from www.openvix.co.uk

Users can check the stability of builds be looking at the stability icondisplay @ OpenViX.co.uk, you'll see a green icon for stable, red for un-stableand amber for updating. All users please notethat the green for stable icon in a new build doesn't automatically mean thatthe latest build is stable, there could still be an issue and if flashed yourreceiver not fully usable, worst case your receiver may not boot, in the eventof this happening please post on the forum ASAP so that a member of the ViX Team can mark OpenViXun-stable. Use OpenViX at your own risk.

If marked un-stable is doesn't necessarily mean that thelatest build/update is unusable, it could be that we've updated some fixes oradded un-tested features. If you would like to test un-stable updatesyou will need to turn them on. Menu > Setup > System > Online update> Set allow un-stable updates to yes.

OpenViX is a new experimental venture for the ViX Team, so the format may change as progress evolves. OpenViX Discussion thread HERE.

All Xtrend usersplease be aware that the Xtrendimages are still on kernel 3.2, we will be upgrading to 3.3 in the very nearfuture. Please do not load kernel 3.3 drivers to these images.

so what does this mean in terms of a feature stable non crashing image release?

is it going to be like version 2.3.245359821a is great, but version 2.3.245359821b causes the universe to end?

@bernard0368. Check out post #2219 above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

@ salteedog, I had seen this earlier when I ran into the problem first. I have tried a few variations but all I am getting is the 18 radio stations.

"Sorted the after scan report just showed the radio sations, The Tv was listed in the bouquet "just scanned"

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

I'm with Stan on this one :)
    I use a Sony PlayTV dual tuner that I picked up for @€;25 including shipping if memory serves.
    Can be got fairly cheaply on Ebay.

Guys
    Quick question re PlayTV tuner.
    Picked up one last night and after playing around for a while, think I have it working in my et9000 - aleady had a single tuner working.
    Both tuners C + D appear in the tuner setup screen, I can scan on either one, and select whatever channel I want.
    My question is regarding 'tuner in use' display, normally A,B or C highlighted. I started a recording on 1 channel and then switched to another channel, however while the channel changed okay, the 'tuner in use' still displayed tuner C - is that normal?

Have an ET9000 with openAAF image installed, but I don't think that matters.

WW

@Bernard. Yes that can be confusing - the scan report is longer than the space on the screen so the TV channels are hidden on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

I'm with Stan on this one :)
    I use a Sony PlayTV dual tuner that I picked up for @€;25 including shipping if memory serves.
    Can be got fairly cheaply on Ebay.

Guys
    Quick question re PlayTV tuner.
    Picked up one last night and after playing around for a while, think I have it working in my et9000 - aleady had a single tuner working.
    Both tuners C + D appear in the tuner setup screen, I can scan on either one, and select whatever channel I want.
    My question is regarding 'tuner in use' display, normally A,B or C highlighted. I started a recording on 1 channel and then switched to another channel, however while the channel changed okay, the 'tuner in use' still displayed tuner C - is that normal?

Have an ET9000 with openAAF image installed, but I don't think that matters.

WW
    That is because tuner c is still being used as you can record a dtt channel and watch any other dtt channel off 1 tuner.this is due to the fact they are all on the one mux. As mux 2 progresses in the future with new channels then you will see a use for tuner d

Yes, thats normal. All the current Irish Dtt channels are on one "Mux" so you currently only need single DTT tuner to record and watch different dtt channels. When 2nd "mux" starts up then the 2nd tuner will come into play.

the 2nd mux is currently testing today. If when you scanned your dtt channels you got 7 test cards as well as the tv channels, tune to one of these while recording RTE1, Then tuner d will kick in.

Under VIX on vu+ Duo both tuners in use will show - i.e. the one you are watching and the one you are recording on. I think it highlights the one being watched though. Tuners not being used will not appear. e.g. 'A C' means I am recording (or remote streaming) on A and watching on C with B being idle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

@irishchris, givecredit + SalteeDog

Thks for info, feel like a dork now, was doing this late last night, so not thinking straight.
    When testing recording on 1 channel, I only ever changed to one of the standard channels to see if the 4th tuner kicked in - just never tried one of the test channels.
    Just doing it now, and tuner D in use.

WW

For those running VIX on the Vu+ Duo, any feedback regarding the advisability or not of using a swapfile? I have encountered some issues while using timeshift (recording to a USB stick). On occasion while rewinding during timeshift the system hangs with picture freeze - not even accessible via telnet. Only recoverable by rebooting. This occurred most recently while watching Saorviw (RTE1) using a Nova-T DVB-T tuner (connected to the Vu+ through a powered USB hub). Issue may be related to the DVB-T stick in some way - I am not certain it has occurred on the native DVB-S tuners.

Wondering if a swap file may help here?

The latest VIX build ViX 2.4-119 NOW ONLINE and includes a fix for usb DTT tuner crashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

givecredit wrote: »
    The latest VIX build ViX 2.4-119 NOW ONLINE and includes a fix for usb DTT tuner crashes.
    This fix is for the BSOD(black screen of death with enigma restart) which some users had with Vix2.4 as a result of pliextrainfo in the vix night hd skin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement