Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Shuttle bus - timetable UPDATED 31-03-2011

Options
  • 02-02-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭

See last post

As of February 2010, Tony Doyle Coaches Limited, will be operating the shuttle bus from Charlesland. The shuttle bus times effective as of 01 feb 2010 have been adjusted to allow commuters catch the new timetable of diesel and Dart trains with minimum waiting. The shuttle bus will depart at the following times:

Morning: 05:45, 06:15, 06:40, 07:15, 07:35, 08:15. (departure time from the Crescent, picking up at various points in Charlesland)
    Evening: 17:00, 17:35, 18:00, 18:35, 19:00, 19:25. (departure time from the station)

Note * There is a Diesel train at 6:54 and a DART at 7:00 am. This 6:40 will have to serve both trains as it would not be possible to shuttle back and forth to meet both trains

Green is the morning route, red is the evening route.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115466528382646478930.000481d6c3f5ba11534d6&ll=53.127236,-6.067007&spn=0.004024,0.011319&z=17

(info courtesy of Kennedy Wright, judy1 and matt-dublin)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 judy1

05:45. 06:15. 06:40. 07:10. 07:35. 08:10.
    These are the times on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm confused - why is there a difference between what is in Kennedy Wrights and then what is on the bus?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Im not sure why there is a difference, it may be that the old times were put in by mistake! The first week the new bus company took over, they had flyers on the bus seats with these new times. The bus has gone by these time for the last 5 weeks now. I said it to the driver, and he told me that they were the times giving to him by his company and from the estate management... So I'd stick with his times to be safe. He seems like a nice lad. quite friendly..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

they're being changed, they're not the correct times, they've got the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Are they correct times starting with the 8.10 or 8.20 listings then?
    Thanks..

• Advertisement

The 08:10 listing are the righ ones.

for the moment yes

These are the proper times for the Charlesland shuttle bus.

Morning: 05:45, 06:15, 06:40, 07:15, 07:35, 08:15.
    Evening: 17:00, 17:35, 18:00, 18:35, 19:00, 19:25.

I ask the Driver why so many changes with the times? He said that there were complaints about the times. Ya just can't keep every body happy.
    These times are to stay as far as he knows, unless more complaints about the times come up. As he said, what ever the estate management say goes. So as long as they don't change things the times above are staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

New to the area, where does the bus pick up / set down in Charlesland. Anyone I spoke to said the bus was a shed but I saw an almost new Tony doyle Coach pass me as I was walking to the station. Is that the shuttle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yep, that's the one alright. I think the bus stops in these locations. Although it may not be correct. There may be more / less stops.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I was looking for bus stops as in a pole with a sign on top of it.

we're not that well set up now!

it stops at every exit the north side of the green in the mornings and then opposite the shopping centre on the way out of the estate.

youll see the places in the morning if you're up early as people will be waiting on the bus.

Green is the morning route, red is the evrning route.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115466528382646478930.000481d6c3f5ba11534d6&ll=53.127236,-6.067007&spn=0.004024,0.011319&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Well, that's a whole lot better than my attempt! :)

Great posts, look forward to getting the bus on Thursday.

Hiya chaps, I remenber the bus company saying on the notes that were passed out on the bus that there are only 4 pick-ups on the way out, and 4 drops on the way in. If i can find the notes i will post them for yous.

On the google maps on the attachement, i think that the stops are...1, 4, & 6 on the way out. And on the way in 8, 7 & 13.

Even though the bus will stop for yous at the other points... I rang Tony Doyle Coaches about it, and they told me it was up to the driver if he wanted to stop at the other points. Thay said that he trys to keep everyone happy....

Thats good enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any demand for a later bus run then 8.15 - for example a bus for the 9am or 9.30am Dart? Who would be the best person to speak to regarding this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I always felt they should run a later bus for schoolkids heading for the village - at the time there was no 9am Dart, now that there is there should definitely be an extra bus IMO.

There is extra costs associated with this, you need to bring it to your management committees and they will bring it to the overall committee for review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Sounds great alright... Increase mgt charges to increase the service of a bus that a lot of us neither want or need.

Dont see te benefit, ESP for school kids as they should really be in school by 8.45 anyway

I wouldn't think there would be too many pol using that bus, I personally would be opposed to the idea

• Advertisement

Can anyone let me know what days and times the shuttle bus will be running over Christmas and the New year.

J.

I believe it's runnin all standard office working days

I presume all know there is no Dart service between Bray and Dun Laoghaire over the holidays http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=977

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joecreed

Anyone know how much the shuttle-bus is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Its payed for through your management fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

As of today the bus has been discontinued.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement