Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present for girlfriend in Australia

Options
  • 02-02-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a tough one, this. My girlfriend is in Australia until June. Her birthday is the 17th of February and I'm wondering what to send her considering that the postage alone will be €40-€50. My budget is about €40-€60 and she'll be 28.

Things she won't want:

- Jewellery
    - Makeup
    - Perfume
    - Clothes
    - Handbags or anything girly really.

Naturally I'll be sending her roses for Valentine's day via Interflora, but a separate birthday present really is a must. Usually she'd be into books etc and I'd get her a voucher, but Amazon isn't practical and Borders doesn't do online vouchers.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gstore.ie (Tony)

One thing that sticks out with me is a Photo album developed by a online store in australia of course and would be delivered directly to her with a collection of your favourite photographs would make a really nice gift seeing as you are spending so much time away from each other. I have not searched online but I am sure you can find plenty options.

Also I hope you are not considering sending flowers from Ireland to Australia good and all that it is for the economy there are far cheaper options from some australian sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

OP could you maybe send her money or get her a gift voucher for a spa near her? For a massage/facial etc? Give her money?

I know your in Ireland and she's in Oz, but if you could phone/email a spa place near her, they could probably help in some way?
    Also I hope you are not considering sending flowers from Ireland to Australia good and all that it is for the economy there are far cheaper options from some australian sites.
    Interflora are a florist which do international delivery through their international stores. No sending flowers from country to country.

I presume when the OP orders with Interflora, Interflora will then dispatch his order from their nearest store to his girlfriend.

See their website: http://www.interflora.ie/

I am not in any way connected to Interflora, I am only posting this in reply to Gstore.ie (Tony) post about sending flowers through the mail.

PS: It's late (2:50am) and I'm tired so I apologise if I haven't explained proeprly.

Advertisement