Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Eyed Peas to play Thomond Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Are they not doing 2 nights in the O2?They should only book acts if their not playing dublin or belfast because they will have a better chance of selling it out,dont think elton john and rod stewart were only half full

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Are they not doing 2 nights in the O2?They should only book acts if their not playing dublin or belfast because they will have a better chance of selling it out,dont think elton john and rod stewart were only half full
    What are you on about? Do you think everyone wants to travel to Dublin for gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why cant we get a decent act, Muse would be amazing to see in a stadium setting, if they dont play here I'll head over to Wembley to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

No cranberries so :(

Aidric wrote: »
    What are you on about? Do you think everyone wants to travel to Dublin for gigs?

i agree:) i just meant that if they wanted to sell it out they should insist on a thomond park exclusive gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Meh - too bad they are atrocious. When are we going to get a decent BAND - Bruce Springsteen would be class.

Its a good start i guess,few of their songs are catchy but dont think id pay 60plus euro to see em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Don't know if it was a sell-out but the Elton John concert brought €10 million to the local economy and 100% occupancy to 13 city hotels, all the acts that have played or are confirmed to play so far are not my cup of tea but there is no doubt these concerts are very good for the city.

Jigga wrote: »
    Don't know if it was a sell-out but the Elton John concert brought €10 million to the local economy and 100% occupancy to 13 city hotels, all the acts that have played or are confirmed to play so far are not my cup of tea but there is no doubt these concerts are very good for the city.

Theres no doubt they add money to Limerick but id take the 10 million figure with a pinch of salt,its prob the local pr spin machine from the council/tourist office/chambers commence that put that out they say the same for munster matches.13 city hotels would be tipping away on a sat night as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

13 city hotels would be tipping away on a sat night as it is

Which city?

Certainly not Limerick on an average Sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I'd go see them if they only performed their stuff from the nineties. They made some really nice hip hop back then compared to the absolute tripe they have been spewing out for the last several years.

I'm sure Radiohead will be touring their new album sometime in 2011. Fingers crossed they come to Thomond Park. Chemical Brothers will have an album out at the end of this year too. Would love to see them again.

The area is going to be crawling with scobes so hopfully thay have a good security presence for the people attending

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cyberspi wrote: »
    No cranberries so :(

Jesus that'd be even worse, imagine living beside Thomond and having Dolores O'Riordains horrific voice wailing away for the evening, I'd make sure i wasnt at home that night anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

krudler wrote: »
    Jesus that'd be even worse, imagine living beside Thomond and having Dolores O'Riordains horrific voice wailing away for the evening, I'd make sure i wasnt at home that night anyway:D

alot better than the scum that will go to black eye pea scums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

The area is going to be crawling with scobes so hopfully thay have a good security presence for the people attending

Well it is limerick:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Cripes yer all very negative - tis no wonder we get a bad press !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I was thinking Muse too. Not big enough to play in Croke Park just yet, but Thomond Park would be a great stadium for them in Ireland right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

That is a terrible thing to say.

It baffles me how an individual can superiorise themselves over another to label somebody else as a "scobe", and as well as that to assume that all "scobes" are trouble makers in that a good security presence is required at a concert.

That kind of negative attitude is deplorable.

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    That is a terrible thing to say.

It baffles me how an individual can superiorise themselves over another to label somebody else as a "scobe", and as well as that to assume that all "scobes" are trouble makers in that a good security presence is required at a concert.

That kind of negative attitude is deplorable.

Well the thread is a bout a concert which is a good thing:)

Yes i will call people scobes if they act in that manner

Yes i will call people scobes if they act in that manner

A group of people you have never met, possibly attending an unconfirmed concert at an unspecified date in the future but you *know* that they wil be acting like "scobes"

Care to tell us the weekend lotto numbers while you're at it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A group of people you have never met, possibly attending an unconfirmed concert at an unspecified date in the future but you *know* that they wil be acting like "scobes"

Care to tell us the weekend lotto numbers while you're at it? :rolleyes:

I meant an act like black eyed peas would be popular with a young crowd,you not think the night of the concert there will be groups of scobes not going to to gig just hanging around the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Theres no doubt they add money to Limerick but id take the 10 million figure with a pinch of salt,its prob the local pr spin machine from the council/tourist office/chambers commence that put that out they say the same for munster matches.13 city hotels would be tipping away on a sat night as it is

:rolleyes:

That figure was arrived at by a team of accountants commissioned to carry out a study on the worth of a capacity event at Thomond Park to the city. So to say to take it with a pinch of salt is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I meant an act like black eyed peas would be popular with a young crowd,you not think the night of the concert there will be groups of scobes not going to to gig just hanging around the area?

Someone mentions a concert and all you can think of is scobes, you should try get out more and enjoy life and don`t let "scobes" ruin your life.

Any concert will be great for Limerick, I`m sure it`s hard to please everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

What will all the Dublin crowd do seeing that its down in Limerick?

You'd think they would meet us half way

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What will all the Dublin crowd do seeing that its down in Limerick?

The Dublin crowd will most likely see them in Dublin as the Black Eyed Peas are playing for two nights there, with an option of a ticket package for the official aftershow party in Dublin.

I'm just curious as to why the mooted prices for Thomond Park are going to be the same as that for a proper concert venue like the O2, especially if it turns out like Elton John where the full stage show does not get set up in Limerick as it was in Dublin.

Would love to see Thomond Park get an act that was not playing in Dublin or Cork close to the same time, so that the ground would sell out totally and more people would come to visit Limerick as a result.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, someone like Springsteen would be awesome.

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Dublin crowd will most likely see them in Dublin as the Black Eyed Peas are playing for two nights there, with an option of a ticket package for the official aftershow party in Dublin.

Methinks a point was missed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Kess73 wrote: »
    *whoosh*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Methinks a point was missed ;)

I missed it by quite some distance. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

It will be crawling with scobes. Nothing surer. Every social event I have ever attended in Limerick City has been infested with and ruined by scobes.
    Ice-rink at christmas, funderland over near groody, every swimming pool in the city, any time there is any bit of a gathering in town for matches etc. Scobes everywhere. With their fake jewellery, stupid haircuts, jumpers and track suits, big white runners, horrible accents and smelly girlfriends.

Nothing will change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Typical Limerick City thread,something positive coming to the city and everyone is just so negative about it.Don't be complaining about nothing ever happening here so.

Advertisement