Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Eyed Peas to play Thomond Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Typical Limerick City thread,something positive coming to the city and everyone is just so negative about it.Don't be complaining about nothing ever happening here so.

Never a truer word spoken (typed in this instance). I think people need to realise that when bringing an event to a city such as Limerick, a lot of the background research takes into account websites/forums such as this one and the negativity will be taken into account. If you keep putting the City down, eventually your negative undertones will be actioned on. People should really look at the Galway City forum and see the pride these people take in their City. They have a lot of similar complaints about their own City Council (which is essentially broke) but when a good news story is announced, they embrace it and don't rush to the keyboard to shout out as many negatives as possible.

We live in a small City which has a lot going for it. Look at the Northampton Fans forum http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/forum/ to see what a positive experience these visitors had about our City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Someone mentions a concert and all you can think of is scobes, you should try get out more and enjoy life and don`t let "scobes" ruin your life.

Any concert will be great for Limerick, I`m sure it`s hard to please everyone.

I dont let scobes ruin my life but as i said before incidents have caused me and my family to be hyper alert.You call them "scobes" like im making it up,people hate me here for being real

Anyway hopfully an act i like will be here soon,id like a few black eyed peas songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I dont let scobes ruin my life but as i said before incidents have caused me and my family to be hyper alert.You call them "scobes" like im making it up,people hate me here for being real

Anyway hopfully an act i like will be here soon,id like a few black eyed peas songs

I very much doubt that anyone "hates" anyone.

My personal opinion is that you aren't "being real" but are instead like the little lost girl in the fairy tale, jumping in fear at every shadow and strange noise.

I was in Dunnes the other day and at the checkout a little old lady dropped some of her shopping. One of your "scobes" - a teenage lad with bleached hair, chains and a hoodie - was first over to help her pick stuff up. Judging someone by the way they dress or talk, where they live or went to school but before you have met them is prejudice, plain and simple. As long as you allow that prejudice to colour your perceptions of Limerick you'll fail to enjoy what the City - and life - have to offer.

I'm not a big fan of any of the acts booked in to to play but I think it's bloody brilliant that such big names are coming to Limerick and I hope it continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Conflan06

Are they not doing 2 nights in the O2?They should only book acts if their not playing dublin or belfast because they will have a better chance of selling it out,dont think elton john and rod stewart were only half full

You are the biggest spoofer. Both concerts have been full in thomand park(i worked at them). Stop spilling **** out of your mouth unless you know what your on about and i'll put money on it that they will sell out thomond park and it will be the greatest atmosphere of their tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

please i hope this is true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Conflan06 wrote: »
    You are the biggest spoofer. Both concerts have been full in thomand park(i worked at them). Stop spilling **** out of your mouth unless you know what your on about and i'll put money on it that they will sell out thomond park and it will be the greatest atmosphere of their tour.
    Hmm I don't know, my mother went to Elton John and said there were a lot of empty seats, I assumed it was due to the horrible weather that night, not the fact that the tickets were not sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Jesus.... some people are never pleased!!!

People complain that there's nothing to do in Limerick and then when acts like the BEP's are rumoured to be playing in Thomond Park.... they give out that the place will be crawling with "scobes".........
    With P!nk playing in Thomond Park and attracting a younger crowd .. that must mean she's going to be attracting "scobes" as well...
    Oh! And the Munster games in Thomond Park.. also popular with young people will surely attract "scobes"!!!

Get Real!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what city events like this are confirmed/rumoured to be in or what acts are announed; you are going to have "scobes" hanging around. This isn't exclusive to just Limerick! And if you don't like it.. then stay away from the events! There's very rarely been any actual trouble at any of the matches in Thomond Park! I should know.. I go to most of them! There was no trouble at any of the concerts last year. And I doubt very much the fact that the BEP's might be playing will have any effect on the behaviour of peope hoping to attend either!

I say bring on more multi million selling acts like P!ink and the BEP's! Younger people are alot more likely to spend the money on tickets (hence the likes of Westlife almost always adding extra dates to their Irish dates due to popularity!) It all generates revenue for our region which we could do with in light of the downturn in the local economy!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

I dont see any of the local councilors try to get it moved to the GAA grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Jesus.... some people are never pleased!!!

People complain that there's nothing to do in Limerick and then when acts like the BEP's are rumoured to be playing in Thomond Park.... they give out that the place will be crawling with "scobes".........

I totally agree with you, no matter what good news of anything to be taken place in limerick there is people just cutting it down straight away and the word "scobes" i just hate it i wudnt call anyone it!!

The night of the elton john concert first concert in limerick and of course alot of people that didnt have tickets just went to see the atmosphere like myself and there was alot of young people or "scobes" as some people like to call them out around and perfectly grand, and with pink and hopefully black eyed peas this would mean young people would actaully be going to the concert!!

Just wish people could stop be so negative about Limerick:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The Black Eyed Peas ain't going to be playing Thomond Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    The Black Eyed Peas ain't going to be playing Thomond Park.

Is that confirmed? I thought they were coming on the 20th July as a seperate date to their european tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is that confirmed? I thought they were coming on the 20th July as a seperate date to their european tour?

Ya its in todays Limerick Post that they will not be playing in Thomond Park

tommy249 wrote: »
    Ya its in todays Limerick Post that they will not be playing in Thomond Park

Ahh had not seen the Post yet.

I am still holding onto the dream that Springsteen will get to play on the 10th July there :D He is in Dublin on the 11th and 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I am still holding onto the dream that Springsteen will get to play on the 10th July there :D He is in Dublin on the 11th and 12th.

Source? Nothing on Greasy Lake about this.

His dreams :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Says on Page 4 of the Post that Aiken Promotions confirm they won't be playing, thought the Post would have this plastered across the front page to get one over the Leader!

Source for what? That I have a dream of Springsteen playing in Limerick?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

the part where you say he is playing Dublin 11th and 12th? Sorry for going OT

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I think someone needs to point out to Kess73 that we're now in 2010. Springsteen played the RDS July 11/12 last year.

I think someone needs to point out to Kess73 that we're now in 2010. Springsteen played the RDS July 11/12 last year.

Was going by an interview he did last week on a US radio station where he said that he may do a handful of gigs in Europe, and he said that he had talks to play in Ireland on the same dates as his last tour, followed by two dates in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

still hope for the Cranberries then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

Jigga wrote: »
    thought the Post would have this plastered across the front page to get one over the Leader!

it was in the Limerick Indo the day before...

Watch this space......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I am watching? Whats meant to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

still nothing in the space:(

Keep watching.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Somebody please take this thread out the back and shoot it.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

wait.................. i see something

it says

"watch this space"

ah crap:mad:

Advertisement