Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water restrictions in Harolds Cross

Options
  • 02-02-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just moved to Harolds cross from stillorgan and we were shocked to find that the water is being cutt off every night 7pm to 7am.

There are 4 professionals living in the house working 9am-6pm so the hours they have decided to cut the water off are completely unsuitable! :mad:

Surely 10pm-6am with the restrictions being extended over a longer time would make more sense. Not everyone has someone at home during the day to fill pots, pans and bottles, and not everyone has a hot water tank.

I am so annoyed. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Same thing where I live in Smithfield, its a right pain in the arse alright. I'm guessing they don't cut it off during the day so businesses with normal office hours wont be affected. Its annoying how regionalised they make it tho...surely they could alternate the areas they cut it in. Some people haven't been affected at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.dublincity.ie/Pages/WaterUpdat.aspx

It's been like this for the past week or two and is expected to continue till at least the weekend. Pain in the hole so it is, especially when I'm in college from 10am till 4pm and work 6pm till 10pm.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Yeah I rang the CC there and the woman on the phone was sympathetic enough. She's received a number of complaints about the times they're cutting off the water and has passed it onto the water works department but they're still choosing to proceed as normal.

Its actually a farce - trying to get a contact number for the water works department so I can give them a piece of my mind. Incompetent ***** :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Yea we're having the same problem in Hx as well...It's so annoying cos no of us are home during the day as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there hasnt been any water on sunday mornings in harolds x for the last 4 weeks, its hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I live in Harold's cross and I have had no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

irishguy wrote: »
    I live in Harold's cross and I have had no problems

Lucky you so! Its affecting areas up around Larkfield avenue, and a friend of mine who lives in Mount Argus is suffering the same.

Have contacted some local TDs to see if we can get the ridiculous 7-7 hours made a bit more reasonable, but I'm not too hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I'm in Harolds Cross and have had no water at all since Friday!! Anyone else?:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

are the restrictions still in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

temply wrote: »
    I'm in Harolds Cross and have had no water at all since Friday!! Anyone else?:mad:

the water is fine in terenure this morning

• Advertisement

the water is fine in terenure this morning

it eventually came back on just after 12... thank god! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aone

i live in smithfield and today the water restriction suddenly starts early instead of around 9 to 10 pm. stupid country, ireland is so pathetic, i feel like im living in a third world country, in fact ireland is really underdeveloped compared to the majority of european countries. no effort to improve basic services.

Aone wrote: »
    i live in smithfield and today the water restriction suddenly starts early instead of around 9 to 10 pm. stupid country, ireland is so pathetic, i feel like im living in a third world country, in fact ireland is really underdeveloped compared to the majority of european countries. no effort to improve basic services.

bit harsh there in fairness.

Advertisement