Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New car for mrs cyrus?

• 02-02-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

missus cyrus is looking for a new car, she bought a pug 206 to learn in about 2.5 years ago and she has had her fill of it!

Budget will be around 10k + whatever she would be allowed for the 206 (im assuming 1k).

She likes the alfa GT, beacon had a nice one but its gone, she also like minis (but is a little reluctant to get one as she reckons they are a bit 'obvious' :D ).

In summary, she is looking for something sporty looking, 3 door, no bigger than 2 litre, solid, and relatively reliable, inexpensive to run.

Any recommendations?

PS trades in are preferable unless the private sale is less than 10k and dealers in dublin are preferable too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Volvo C30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not the worst idea ever :) but not sure if she would go for one, anyway it seems to be out of budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Does teh 206 qualify for scrappage?

You can pick this up for 10,495 on the road if so... (excluding the alloys/italian strip)

fiat-500-16-04-08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Audi TT quattro 225? Plenty sporty looks and still only 1.8 for tax

Cionád wrote: »
    Does teh 206 qualify for scrappage?

You can pick this up for 10,495 on the road if so... (excluding the alloys/italian strip)

fiat-500-16-04-08.jpg

its a 01 so no, and for some reason she hates the 500 :rolleyes:
    unkel wrote: »
    Audi TT quattro 225? Plenty sporty looks and still only 1.8 for tax

she doesnt like the old tt neither i dont think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Fiat 500 abarth?

Is she like her husband, or would she consider Japanese cars? ;)

RX-8, MX-5, S2000?

Figaro :eek:

German:

SLK200K too old?
    Smart Roadster too young?

Did she drive a MINI yet? I'd say driving a cooper S would have her hooked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Hyundai Coupe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Hyundai Coupe*

Or an MX-5 with a hardtop?

*Kidding:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Sticking with the french....Twingo 133?
    SH_twingo.jpg

Edit - didn't spot that the 206 didn't qualify for scrapage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Sticking with the french....Twingo 133?

Great car, but I'm guessing it's probably out of budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I genuinely read this topic title and was expecting a picture of a new sexy car that Miley Cyrus had just bought :P

unkel wrote: »
    Is she like her husband, or would she consider Japanese cars? ;)

RX-8, MX-5, S2000?

Figaro :eek:

German:

SLK200K too old?
    Smart Roadster too young?

Did she drive a MINI yet? I'd say driving a cooper S would have her hooked :D

she's like her (future ;)) husband

to be honest i reckon its a straight race between a mini cooper and an alfa gt, whichever she likes the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

outside da budget!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

might be abit too old... but fits nicely into what you want
    2004 Focus ST
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus-ST/2.0-5-DO/200946195846074/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Sporty 1.9 litre thats inexpensive to run? Thats a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Sporty 2.9 litre thats inexpensive to run? Thats a good one!

who mentioned 2.9 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

SV wrote: »
    what a beauty..

yeah she likes the gt, beacon had a lovely silver grey one but its gone, she isnt keen on the colour of that blue on,

the likes of an s2000 is out unfortunately, she says no to 2 seaters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Cyrus wrote: »
    who mentioned 2.9 :confused:

typo= 1.9!;)

I love that blue/cream interior on the gt, at least its something a bit different to the usual ones you see. If not, I'd second the quattro then:

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/cars/1078424
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1138479

Celica TRD?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1138581

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Did anyone think when they saw it, that this thread was gonna be about Miley Cyrus? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

she's like her (future ;)) husband

to be honest i reckon its a straight race between a mini cooper and an alfa gt, whichever she likes the best

....jeez, I dunno, don't go rushing in to a commitment with someone so fickle they can't appreciate the 500..........the 500, at least you could sell on..........:p*

* kidding - no emotions were used in the making of this post......:p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

GStormcrow wrote: »
    no-image-large.gif
    GStormcrow wrote: »
    S2000?

Elaine005.jpg

Just goes to show, no matter how hard they try, and I know it's a good car......but, jeez, Japan still can't do it.

Wow. That GT I like.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

galwaytt wrote: »
    Just goes to show, no matter how hard they try, and I know it's a good car......but, jeez, Japan still can't do it.

Wow. That GT I like.
    Italy are the exception rather than the rule! Take something like the EOS versus the S2000 - bearing in mind the S2000 is a 12 year old design now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

bit of a wildcard, but cheap, cheap parts and reliable. Looks decent as well.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Opel/Astra/1.8-XE-B/200840190256860/advert?channel=CARS

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

• Advertisement

Ode To The Motorist

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

i like that, she isnt into them tho

i think they are the nicest of the CCs

as an aside amazing with you can get for 10k nowadays :eek::D

as an aside amazing with you can get for 10k nowadays :eek::D

She could have a REAL sports car for less than 10k ;)

...wouldn't I just love to be out there buying 'something nice'.......

Oh, hold on, we forgot one. The best one, actually.......

MX-5.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lads,

missus cyrus is looking for a new car, she bought a pug 206 to learn in about 2.5 years ago and she has had her fill of it!

Budget will be around 10k + whatever she would be allowed for the 206 (im assuming 1k).

She likes the alfa GT, beacon had a nice one but its gone, she also like minis (but is a little reluctant to get one as she reckons they are a bit 'obvious' :D ).

In summary, she is looking for something sporty looking, 3 door, no bigger than 2 litre, solid, and relatively reliable, inexpensive to run.

Any recommendations?

PS trades in are preferable unless the private sale is less than 10k and dealers in dublin are preferable too!

You might get something like this close to your budget with the 206:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201003196648670

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I know you said a Mini is "obvious" but there seems to be a lot of choice for her budget.
    I really do like the Alfa though.

Oh, hold on, we forgot one. The best one, actually.......

MX-5.

*coughs* ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Advertisement