Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning on doing a part time PhD

Options
  • 02-02-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Working in the field (Community and voluntary sector policy analysis) so hoping to tie it in with my work as much as possible but some guidance would be appreciated.

1. Any one able to share their experiences of a part time PhD?
    2. What sort of reasons do people have for doing one? One reason for me is self actualisation, the other is people in the field seem to be gathering them-thats linked to Q.3 below
    3. Still unsure how to answer how 'practical' a PhD can be for future work propects, is simply having one enough and you should pick up transferable skills or do you need to aim at specific things?
    4. Meeting a prospective supervisor later in the week, any questions I should definately ask?
    Any guidance welcome,

S

Advertisement