Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction work beside Lidl, Ardkeen

• 02-02-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭

Well it looks like they are just building a big car park, *yawns* anyone know for sure?
    I wouldn't have thought they needed another car park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Ya looks to me that there extending the car park. It gets very busy around lunchtime with little to no spaces at all at ardkeen. It should also help the over flow that happens around xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ages back I'd heard (and this is completely unverified by me) that the land was owned by a local builder and that in the absence of the building boom was going to be developed as a paid car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

there was talk of a cinema at one point I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Definitely looks like a car park alright, might be a bit of a waste of well located land but I think at least a car park is better than what it was. I always thought it would have been a great location for a little park given the proximity of so much housing (and even possibly for use by people on lunch etc during the summer) but I guess there's no money in that.

Advertisement