Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCD 3d about tv

• 02-02-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

wonder i have LCD SONY about 9 month old KDL-52W5500 it brillant wonder will manfacer put new part inside for new upgrade 3D

anyone know about tis

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

More than likely not ,

I think you need a minimum refresh rate of 120HZ for 3D and your set only has 100Hz.

Some sets have a dynamic refresh rate of up to 600Hz but I am not sure if that would do for 3D either.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thomasking22008

or will i ask to sony for more information or not worth ? mite use KDL-52W5500 for put other room for playing ps3 and buy new sony 3D KDL-52HX903 use for sitting room also have sky hd box and forgein channel hope will be next 3d future for film or soap programe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Early adopters to New technology always pay a premium/ get ripped off !

Give it a few months to see how the 3D roll outs goes before going and getting a new set .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

wonder i have LCD SONY about 9 month old KDL-52W5500 it brillant wonder will manfacer put new part inside for new upgrade 3D
    Sory to say your TV is NOT directly upgradeable.
    Sony will be using "Active shutter 3D" , this requiers a 120Hz double scan image processor and "shutter glasses". Nither will work with your panel.
    However you may be able to run Autoscopic or Polarized 3D in 720p/1080i mode, this is not a certain thing as I have heard about glasses that use both shutter/polarized methods which take the signal from the Hdmi interface.

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

More than likely best to wait to buy one that won't require glasses

• Advertisement
Advertisement