Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand software books

Options
  • 02-02-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any shop in dublin that sells second hand computer books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Chapters did once upon a time, can't say if the still do. The problem with 2nd hand is they're generally out of date.

What exactly are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sorry for the hijack but I'm after a good book on SIP and RTP if anyone can reccomend one?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

I'm looking for SCJP Exam for J2SE 5, Author Paul Sanghera

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Chapters still do sell secondhand computer books. They moved to their new premises on Parnell Street. Now the entire upper floor is their second hand stuff.

It's well laid out, and they've got a whole little section of second hand computer books, as well as design books and other related stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

+1 for Chapters!

I've bought books there in the past. Really good value.

They won't have the more up to date stuff but it's a great place for novice/intermediates who need to learn the fundamentals etc before being at the cutting edge.

If I don't buy from there I usually use bookdepository.co.uk they are a hell of a lot cheaper than irish stores and have free shipping to Ireland. WIN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

@draffodx - could you start a new thread please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Can't look online? abebooks.com is pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Chapters was great (great doesn't even cover it! IMO) shortly after it opened, they'd a nice big section of second hand books on computers, software and coding, unfortunately they don't seem to be having much luck getting their hands on more second hand books for that genre as the last couple of times I've been in there the section was half the size it used to be and most of the stuff was on just a few applications and OS.:(

Advertisement