Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Thanks Related Suggestion

Options
  • 02-02-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just a thought. Over on the left where it has your name, hometown etc etc, is there a way to have the number of thanks you've received? Even a link then to show all thanked posts for that user?

It's one of those things that you'd like to see but couldn't be bothered going to the profile etc etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I really, really hope that isn't implemented in the future. Thanks-whoring is bad enough on some forums as it is, but at least they can't display their thanks number for all to see. It's fine as it is imo.

The only thing worse than this would be animated avatars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I have seen it on other sites that use vbulletin, both the number of thanks and number of thanked posts. But why would you want it? Bad idea I think.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was in profiles when thanks were introduced first, but was removed shortly afterwards, and no harm really. It is easy to turn back on again, but I very much doubt it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

5starpool wrote: »
    It was in profiles when thanks were introduced first, but was removed shortly afterwards, and no harm really. It is easy to turn back on again, but I very much doubt it will be.

It was always viewable unless I'm thinking of something else? :)

6660a.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sparky wrote: »
    It was always viewable unless I'm thinking of something else? :)

6660a.png

He means in the profile bit that is beside every post you make. It was there before but it was removed to discourage thanks whoring,

P.S. Thank this post if you like cookies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No need for it.. It would turn the rating into a race.
    Can you imagine it??
    My thanks are bigger than your... na na na na na....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You can do it, here's a screenshot.

I have mine set to "Enabled"

<

thanks.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Des wrote: »
    You can do it, here's a screenshot.

I have mine set to "Enabled"

<

thanks.jpg
    Subscribers get a super e-penis option, that triples their thanks count.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Switch the Beta Thanks Theme on and you get G-Rated thanks, it's a bit random though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Subscribers get a super e-penis option, that triples their thanks count.
    And cMods have the ability to wthank themselves for endless pleasure! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Daysha wrote: »
    I really, really hope that isn't implemented in the future. Thanks-whoring is bad enough on some forums as it is, but at least they can't display their thanks number for all to see. It's fine as it is imo.

The only thing worse than this would be animated avatars.

+1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement