Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other people's post?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all, didn't want to derail the other thread so what is the story with other people's post? We keep getting some former tenants mail and because it's junking up the box I just bin them - am I wrong? What should you be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

You can return it/notify AnPost:

From http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/cust-howwehelp.htm:
    I am receiving someone else's mail

If you are receiving mail for someone else, please let us know and we will try and resolve it.

Why is this happening?

* There may have been a previous occupant at the address who has not redirected their mail or changed their address.
    * By law we have to deliver the mail to the stated address (not the named person).

Solution: Return the item to us.

* Mark the item ‘Return to sender’ and put it into a Post Box.
    * If it is convenient, please help us by putting it through the correct letterbox. If this happens frequently, please let us know and we will try to resolve it.
    * You can re-post the item in a Post Box, or give it to your Postperson
    * If you are a business, we can send out an An Post Postperson to collect bags of mail.

Please report delivery problems using our online mails enquiry form or you can download a copy of our mails enquiry form (pdf new window).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Write "no longer lives here" on it and throw it into any post box.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I always write 'not at this address' on it and throw it back inthe post box. I wouldn't throw it out although it can get very irritating when it's a lot coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Depending on the situation, I've either written 'Not known at this address' or 'No longer at this address', the latter if a housemate has moved out and not provided a forwarding address, and put it in the postbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

Stricly speaking, you should mark it "not at this addres" and put it back in the post box. However, it can get very frustrating when the sender continues to send the email and it goes on for years. I get a letter at least once a week for someone who had not lived at the address for at least 10 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement