Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obese Irish Public Figures

Options
  • 02-02-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Just an observation, but does anybody find that there are a disproportionate amount of Public figures on Irish TV and public life that are obese compared to other countries. I’m not just talking Mary Harney (minister for health, cough) or Brian Cowen but others like Joe Duffy (the state of him), Anne Doyle (side profile shows this up) or indeed Gerry Ryan who has the hypocritical audacity (as he would say himself) to present Operation Transformation. Can ye think of any more? Sick of looking at them

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ann Doyle is "obese"??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just an observation, but does anybody find that there are a disproportionate amount of Public figures on Irish TV and public life that are obese compared to other countries. I’m not just talking Mary Harney (minister for health, cough) or Brian Cowen but others like Joe Duffy (the state of him), Anne Doyle (side profile shows this up) or indeed Gerry Ryan who has the hypocritical audacity (as he would say himself) to present Operation Transformation. Can ye think of any more?

This text is obese.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Your post is unnecessarily obese.
    Font size 3 should only be used in emergencies or if you're really annoyed..
    edit: DAMMIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Disproportionate to whom? No, people on telly are disproportionate in weight to the general population. We need more fatties to represent us.
    And the first two are politicians btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

xzanti wrote: »
    Ann Doyle is "obese"??? :confused:
    Yip. Front on hard to tell but her BMI is probably through the roof

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Facepalm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I see Anne Doyle a lot she lives near my house, she isn't obese. I'd doubt she's even overweight.

Ryan Tubridy makes up for everyone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

brendan gleeson. all TDs except joe fcuking higgins.

that bint blathnaid ni chofaigh off that afternoon show. she's a fat one.

miley from glenroe is fat on them surf ads also.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I saw her in Ranelagh one day not so long ago, and she is not, by any stretch of the imagination obese..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

God almighty OP, there's a big difference between obesity and middle aged spread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Just an observation, but does anybody find that there are a disproportionate amount of Public figures on Irish TV and public life that are obese compared to other countries. I’m not just talking Mary Harney (minister for health, cough) or Brian Cowen but others like Joe Duffy (the state of him), Anne Doyle (side profile shows this up) or indeed Gerry Ryan who has the hypocritical audacity (as he would say himself) to present Operation Transformation. Can ye think of any more? Sick of looking at them

It's all relative to your thin guitar frame Les.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

genericguy wrote: »
    brendan gleeson. all TDs except joe fcuking higgins.

that bint blathnaid ni chofaigh off that afternoon show. she's a fat one.

miley from glenroe is fat on them surf ads also.
    Miley from the surf ad... again Facepalm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just an observation, but does anybody find that there are a disproportionate amount of Public figures on Irish TV and public life that are obese compared to other countries. I’m not just talking Mary Harney (minister for health, cough) or Brian Cowen but others like Joe Duffy (the state of him), Anne Doyle (side profile shows this up) or indeed Gerry Ryan who has the hypocritical audacity (as he would say himself) to present Operation Transformation. Can ye think of any more?

Take that back, she's a fox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

BMI is the biggest load of shíte I've ever heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Ah sure us Irish be the ****e of the world and disgrace to all humans,as they be all perfect in every other country of world :rolleyes: lmao

Yous who vote for the politicians your fault they are so fat must be nice been fed on 1000 euro dinner every day :D
    And yous who vote for them give them that power to not give a shiat and be so fat.
    They don't call them fat cats without reason:p

On a side note bravo they have been cut by 17 thousand a year haha ah well its a start.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Excaptain

Ironic yes having an obese Minister for Health and a fat guy hosting a weight loss program - is it just me or does Gerry retain all that fat in his huge mallet head?!
    I'm not sure I agree about Anne Doyle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Well they say the camera adds 10 pounds :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

yeah go go fat :) then we can join as one of united states in the european continent...well fight right into the picture of fat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Saw Mary Harney on the news last night, she looked like she had lost a shed load of weight, what's the story there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Well they say the camera adds 10 pounds :p

Harney must be photgraphed with bullet-time in that case?

• Advertisement

Saw Mary Harney on the news last night, she looked like she had lost a shed load of weight, what's the story there?
    Must have given birth to a baby otter. Hope someone called the coastguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't take any notice tbh - it isn't of any concern to me.

Gerry Ryan actually looks like he's lost weight, to be fair. The jowls aren't so prominent these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

WindSock wrote: »
    No, people on telly are disproportionate in weight to the general population. .

Arent Irish people supposed to have the highest calorie intake in the world (Popular myth suggests its the Americans but they tend more to be a case of one extreme or the other) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

This just in: Older people with sedentary lifestyles aren't waif like - more on this amazing revelation after we all recover from the shock of this fucking masterpiece of stating the obvious.

This just in: Older people with sedentary lifestyles aren't waif like - more on this amazing revelation after we all recover from the shock of this fucking masterpiece of stating the obvious.
    Yeah so it should be sorted out. (read between the lines) Sack the lot and hire the totty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

She's an anorexic wreck. A disgrace of a health minister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Yeah so it should be sorted out. (read between the lines) Sack the lot and hire the totty

Ahh, a Sun reader. That explains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stop feeding... OP will get fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ruu wrote: »
    Take that back, she's a fox!

was going to say 'wait til ruu gets you op':D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ryan Tubridy is one fat show host;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement