Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Orals

Options
  • 02-02-2010 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just found out there we've to read a passage in the Orals just wondering does anyone know where i could get a copy of these passages or its say you can read your own?? whats the best thing to do? Ive landed myself in the deep end by repeating Irish at hons level and im the only one in the class doing it and getting no help from the teacher so im feeling rather panicky at the mo...as for the mocks i know i wont write anything for the hons paper so should i sit the ord just to get the feel of it all again??

Thanks in advance

Dandoline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Dandoline wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just found out there we've to read a passage in the Orals just wondering does anyone know where i could get a copy of these passages

yeah they are in a book specifically written for the oral in easons. shortcuts to success - the irish oral. Think it has pronounciations above tricky words as well. There should be a CD in the back also

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You can find them here
    http://zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Sliocht

But you teacher will probably give you them. You need your own copy for the oral, but you are allowed to write on it (even in English, phonetic spellings etc.)

Also you only pick 5 out of 15. We are doing 3,4,8,9,10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

You can find them here
    http://zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Sliocht

But you teacher will probably give you them. You need your own copy for the oral, but you are allowed to write on it (even in English, phonetic spellings etc.)

Also you only pick 5 out of 15. We are doing 3,4,8,9,10

Thanks a mill im gonna print them out myself and go over them and ask the teacher as she has done one story and one poem so far with me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks pathway ill try that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hooley84

try looking at zulunotes, they have the paragraphs that have to be read in the orals in irish and english they are usefull enough! im resisting the irish paper this year so i can pursue primary teaching any tips on where to find good notes for the poetry? thats in english and irish?

Advertisement