Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

And did you not notice that online gaming is pretty addictive, and can genuinely alter your moods? A bad night of playing Battlefield Vietnam, or recently, Street Fighter 4 used to put me, a grown man, into a shocking bad mood. Yet youd keep coming back for the 'one more go' factor. Now give that to a 10yr old, and its a recipie for disaster.
    competitive online gaming is not somemthing a 10yr old should be playing.

OKGirl you could buy Halo: ODST instead, its multiplayer is a cooperative game only, not competitive.

He might even prefer that. I have a 9 year old brother in law who way prefers cooperative mode over competitive. He just likes the challenge of completing the game and unlocking new characters and bonuses, he doesn't particularly want to kill other people and even when I play with him and we're supposed to be against each other, he still wants to team up against the computer characters.

All kids are different, but there is this overwhelming urge to explore in young children. I remember playing zelda on the SNES back when I was a kid and I went into every shack and cut down every bush in the game just to see if there was something new there (wow, a love heart or a chicken!!)
    When I played doom I spent ages pressing against every wall panel looking for the secret treasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Overheal wrote: »
    more and more frequently though keep in mind games are becoming more of an adult genre. Just google Mass Effect 2 sex scenes. Sorry if I spoiled that for anybody.

Its been a while since mario shooting fireballs at a turtle or Megazord's blowing up giant monsters was the most violent thing your kid knew in life.

Anyone remember the strip bar in Duke Nukem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

PEGIs a load of balls tbh.

It's supported by virtually every European government, by Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, by every single large publisher, developer, and retailer.

The PEGI system is great. And parents should look to it for advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Halo is fine, even the online community for Halo is enjoyable.

Keep your kids away from games like Call of Duty. Kids turn into real monsters
    when they get their hands on that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thread closed, please don't drag up threads that are almost 2 years old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement