Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cattle tail trimming

• 02-02-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Whats the best out there that i can use - using a large size sissors at the moment and its not up to the job.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

what i find works good is a small hand shears like a dagging shears for sheep.
    just give it a sharpen now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Stanley Knife does the job for me. I just cut straight across, just below the tail end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

I saw a tail trimmer at tullamore last year, fits on to the battery drill, think mullinnahonne co-op had it there... costly though! kiwikit.co.uk have it Tail_trimmer_Attachment2.jpg we use a siccors,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

John_F wrote: »
    I saw a tail trimmer at tullamore last year, fits on to the battery drill, think mullinnahonne co-op had it there... costly though! kiwikit.co.uk have it

we use a siccors,

Is that thing for real! Syill though, the video is impressive

I'd still stick with the heavy scissors/ shears, but purely because that thing costs about 500euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i have used sharp scissors for years until i got the biggest most unexpected kick last week that sent the scissors flying with my fingers still in them:eek: still cant bend my index finger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I use one of these . I have had it with the last 12 years and it has not given any trouble. I also use it for trimming udder hair. If its just for tails, I don't think it would justify the price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

we use the clippers for tails. have no problems with it. can do freeze bands at the same time. do them in the parlour as they calve down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

kfk wrote: »
    I use one of these . I have had it with the last 12 years and it has not given any trouble. I also use it for trimming udder hair. If its just for tails, I don't think it would justify the price though.

same as we use except not cordless. depends on the numbers to do.but money well spent.
    dont abuse the blades though, think they are around e70 a pop, usually get 4-5 years from a set

Advertisement