Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Drive to xbox

• 02-02-2010 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is the any way of watching films by pluging a harddrive into ur xbox? My friend can watch films by plugin his hard drive into his playstation!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

you can stream from a pc to your xbox alright, i think you can also plug in usb keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yes...If you have a USB external, you can plug it straight into your xbox and play the stuff. You have to be connected to Xbox Live so you can download the codecs.

I've seen cases, where if you weren't connected to Xbox live, you couldn't play anything from the hard drive, even after downloading the codecs a few mins previously. Not sure how/why it doesn't/didn't work that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

The Hard Drive needs to be formatted to FAT32 I think, My hard Drive wasn't and I couldn't watch stuff. So I have to use my computer to stream cos there is too much stuff on the HDD not worth formatting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

you need to format the HDD as FAT32, then you can plug to the xbox via usb and enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ronnieryan

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement