Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo invades europe

Options
  • 02-02-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

The French version of evolution (wgc) world game cup is taking place between the 3rd and 7th of march.

This will be one of the biggest events of the year and one tournament you don`t want to miss out on, A lot of the top UK players have already begun booking and most if not all of londons top players will be in attendance as well as the rest of europes big players.

But thats not all, the organisers of this event have confirmed that at least 4 japanese players including daigo will be attending and i think justin wong has signed up too, so its shaping up to be something special.

I want to travel to france with a strong team of irish players and show the rest of europe that ireland has talent, every country in europe will have somebody representing, normally i represent the uk, but this time i will fly the irish colors higher than ever and i would like the rest of you to come a represent with me.

Now I know a lot of the irish players are new to the tournament scene and most of you have only just begun to visit tournaments in dublin and befast nevermind anywhere outside of ireland, but this is one event that everybody in ireland should be interested in attending and taking part in.

So let me break a few things down. first of all this a holiday as well as a gaming trip, you get meet and hang out with lots of people who share the same interests as you and meet new friends, you also get to see a new place, cannes which is amazing this time of year. But for most of you this is your one chance to take on some of the best players in the world, its not everyday you get play justin wong or daigo in your own back yard, so if any of you are hardcore enough and have the means to travel to cannes with me, lets go!

Here are some more details

Flights are 87 uk pounds from london luton to nice flying with easy jet. I already booked my flight. Flying out thursday morning and returning tuesday. All of the UK players are on the same flight as me, and we are all staying in the same hotel.

For those of us flying from ireland, return flights to luton from dublin are 10 euros with ryanair and the connection times are only a 2/3 hours apart which gives us time to chill out and grab a bite to eat.

Hotel in cannes is cheap

This is where we will be staying.

Résidence Maeva Cannes Verrerie

http://www.eurobookings.com/la-bocca-hotels-fr/residence-maeva-cannes-verrerie.html?SID=clbk7hluckasmg676nlejih7g1&label=gg_en_bh_51645-france-la-bocca-residence-maeva-cannes-verrerie&form_type=remember&filter_2_dateStartDay=5&filter_2_dateStartYM=2010-3&filter_2_dateEndDay=11&filter_2_dateEndYM=2010-3&filter_2_dateStart=05-03-2010&filter_2_dateEnd=11-03-2010&filter_with_availability=1&filter_offset=1&ac_sorting=0_desc&destination_id=51645&destination_type=8&destination_search=R%C3%A9sidence+Maeva+Cannes+Verrerie

As you can see this hotel is amazing and is right beside the beach and a 5 min walk away from the tournament venue, The hotel for 5 nights works out at about 60/65 euros per person so thats a bargain on accommodation.

In total for everything including flights, travel on the bus from nice to cannes, accomodation in the hotel and entry to the tournament, it will come to a little under 200 euros for the 5 days, so overall not bad.

Anyway if you guys are interested let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If i remember to get a new passport in time i'll head.

unemployment has its advantages, don't particularly have much to shuffle in my diary

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd be interested but works an issue... let me see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'd be interested but works an issue... let me see!

You want to to get yourself on the social, sort your life out mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Wow... i'd love to go but i'm going to america in like 4 months n need to save :(!

Ill see what I can do thought because its not that expensive to go to france at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Would love to go to this, but not sure how I'm gonna be sorted for money... really tempted though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Z_Trak

LanParty 3 is also on that very same weekend.

Is there any way we could get them to add an Ireland flag to the list so we don't end up facing each other in pools?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Would really love to go but between now and march the most I could possibly raise is like 100 or so, and thats without drinking or going out etc

I think I'm going to concentrate on saving up for SvB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Some weird rules. Seth banned and it seems you have to stick to the same character for the whole thing.

http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=9032

Yeah, I'm definitely in, this sounds too fun to pass up.

edit: Not just cause Seth is banned either :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As much as I liked the last Lan Party, this is far more appealing to me.

Very unlikely I can get to Evo this year, but WGC and SVB are two events I want to get to.

Better stop buying things I don't need for a few months so.

Are we gonna have to bring sticks? Annoying luggage-wise

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Are we gonna have to bring sticks? Annoying luggage-wise

Unless you buy some gigantic stick between now and then, they fit in a backpack which you can take on the plane as carry on luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

dreddy and i have booked, anybody else interested?

Unless you buy some gigantic stick between now and then, they fit in a backpack which you can take on the plane as carry on luggage.

Yeah, I know :pac: was just wondering since I'll need some spare clothes etc. too. Booked with just carryon anyway.

I'm interested.

Thankfully the French use euro so it's a very handy holiday to budget for.

Here im actually well interested now.. How much are flights n so?! would be a great help if you could post em :)

Here im actually well interested now.. How much are flights n so?! would be a great help if you could post em :)

It's in the OP. Cost me 105 euro return including flights from Dublin/Luton and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Urg... this is very tempting. Final year in college isn't being very forgiving though.
    Not like I'd be doing much in the line of beating people, but sounds like a damn fun trip. Urg. Will have to see how I can fit this into college schedule.

EDIT: No wait, that week is right in the middle of a special 30% of the year, two week project. ****. Enjoy lads! XD

Flights I'm getting, Dublin/Luton flights are with Ryanair, London/Nice flights are with easyjet:

March 4th:
    Depart
    Dublin (DUB) 08:10
    Arrive
    London Luton (LTN) 09:15

London Luton > Nice

London Departure: Thu 04 Mar 12:45pm
    Nice Arrival: Thu 04 Mar 15:55pm

Nice > London Luton

Nice Departure: Tue 09 Mar 16:25pm
    London Arrival: Tue 09 Mar 17:30pm

Depart
    London Luton (LTN) 20:25
    Arrive
    Dublin (DUB) 21:35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm gonna have to sleep on this! Sounds like it would be so much craic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Hey guys Ry here, I had to re-register cuz boards are taking their sweet time getting back to me. It's been 3 emails and 2 weeks waiting.

I'm definitely in on this. I thought about it and I think **** it yeh it's definitely gonna be worth it so I'll be booking in the next day or two.

Splitting that 4/5 People thing for the 6 nights is a great idea so whoever else is goin I'll start bantering with once we know who's booked and definitely going.

Ry

I'm in the process of booking my flights now.

AnimaX there's nothing to sleep on. Get booking now!

I've no way of booking flights with easyjet they dont except laser card but ryanair do... so i think ima no go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hmmm... the SFIV tourney itself is on the Sunday, so if I can squeeze my college around a bit I may be able to make it a weekend trip... I would sleep on it, but I've got an all nighter ahead of me. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

How many people do you reckon would be heading? It's hard as a smallish community to bring it abroad etc, if there's only going to be a few going (which I hope there isn't for our sake etc). I know some people find it hard financially etc (not just myself, I would attend every ****ing event coming if I knew I could!), just saying. But I think most people are coming to SvB 'cause that's the only event I can attend, and I think a lot more will go etc (it's far away so I got nuff time to save and stuff)

But on a side note, it's awesome that people are going and I wish all you guys the best of luck and a great trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I would be 100% interested, but unfortunately I just can't afford it. If I manage to get a job between now and then I'll definitely book a flight.

Are the tournaments on xbox or ps3? Can't see any info on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Shloer wrote: »
    Hey guys Ry here, I had to re-register cuz boards are taking their sweet time getting back to me. It's been 3 emails and 2 weeks waiting.

I'm definitely in on this. I thought about it and I think **** it yeh it's definitely gonna be worth it so I'll be booking in the next day or two.

Splitting that 4/5 People thing for the 6 nights is a great idea so whoever else is goin I'll start bantering with once we know who's booked and definitely going.

Ry

hahahah 2010
    sounds tempting but i dont think i have enough holidays left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Placebo wrote: »
    hahahah 2010
    sounds tempting but i dont think i have enough holidays left

Yeh **** off :) Come you loser, all the cool kids are going and it'll give you a chance to suck Daigo off. You know how you were saying you wanted to and all that back in the gaff last week.

Well....

Also If you just took the Wednesday Thursday and Friday off then the 2 weekend days that's the 5 and you're back on the Sunday. That's only 3 days of holidays in a brand new year which you should have lots of holiday days freshly for!

Ry

Advertisement