Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo invades europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

My year starts in june, so counting from june 2009.
    Also think WE may be going to London at the end of April
    and there are talks of going to spain with our other brown friend

I actually would love to go, i'll see, if someone could give me an approximate total amount, flight+hotel,travel? spending money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

This sounds amazing. Sorry Kinetic but france and street fighter sounds like its too good to pass up.

I have to think though. My head and fianaces are all over the place at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    My year starts in june, so counting from june 2009.
    Also think WE may be going to London at the end of April
    and there are talks of going to spain with our other brown friend

I actually would love to go, i'll see, if someone could give me an approximate total amount, flight+hotel,travel? spending money?

In the OP, chunkis lays it out now - I'd reckon accomodation, flights, travel to Cannes, and tournament entry will cost you around 200-230.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

350 will cover everything, food, travel and accommodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Flights I'm getting, Dublin/Luton flights are with Ryanair, London/Nice flights are with easyjet:

March 4th:
    Depart
    Dublin (DUB) 08:10
    Arrive
    London Luton (LTN) 09:15

London Luton > Nice

London Departure: Thu 04 Mar 12:45pm
    Nice Arrival: Thu 04 Mar 15:55pm

Nice > London Luton

Nice Departure: Tue 09 Mar 16:25pm
    London Arrival: Tue 09 Mar 17:30pm

Depart
    London Luton (LTN) 20:25
    Arrive
    Dublin (DUB) 21:35

I'm about to book the same flights online. I think I've the right ones here what are your flight codes so I can double check before I confirm it.

Looking like it's gonna cost me 122 for the flights which is grand.
    ...there are talks of going to spain with our other brown friend

I've no knowledge of this so I'm not considering it as this has come up first and will definitely be whopper.

Chunkis, what flights etc are you getting and how have you arranged the hotel bookings? If we're gonna do this http://www.eurobookings.com/la-bocca...annes+Verrerie then how do people wanna organise it cuz I'm game.

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cant afford 350 tbh, rather go away with gf.
    but i hope a good few ppl go regardless and make their presence felt so ireland starts getting some notice.

As regards Lanparty :
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Hey folks, LAN has been cancelled unfortunately. Hopefully have one organised for the summer soon.

Looks even more tempting as there's no alternative.

Do we have to pre-reg and stuff for the tourney?
    Did I miss a link for tournament website?

HMUYA wrote: »
    As regards Lanparty :

Looks even more tempting as there's no alternative.

Do we have to pre-reg and stuff for the tourney?
    Did I miss a link for tournament website?

http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=9032

I think that's it

Chunkis is getting same flights as me afaik (4th and the 9th).

Ry:
    easyjet:

EZY2125
    EZY2126

Ryanair:

Ryanair 332
    Ryanair 341

...rather go away with gf...

Three weeks Farz. 3....Weeks. That's all I have to say on that matter lolz. :rolleyes:

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We definitely have enough of us interested to get a five man apartment for the duration.

Works out pretty cheap.

I reckon we'd want to book it quickly though.

Someone on NeoEmpire said they just take a €13 deposit and the rest on arrival which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

We definitely have enough of us interested to get a five man apartment for the duration.

Works out pretty cheap.

I reckon we'd want to book it quickly though.

Someone on NeoEmpire said they just take a €13 deposit and the rest on arrival which is handy.

lets see who books flights first before we start bookin hotels and stuff, but yeah booking soon would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

**** you guys.

Someone give me a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Well god fucking damn it I'd love to go to this. But I doubt I can get the monies for it. I guess I'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jim wrote: »
    **** you guys.

Someone give me a job.

What he said :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Just realised I dont have a passport for the moment XD
    Dont reckon I could afford an emergency passport and the trip over there and the time away from college. Once again I bid thee well lads~ Do us proud!

Ramza wrote: »
    What he said :p

I'll take one too. Perferably one where I get to play Street Fighter again :(

Looking at the website there's some great stuff
    - SFIV comp
    - SFIV 2vs2 comp
    - SSFIV "Master Series"
    - SCIV World Cup / I wish we had more players and could rep a team

Shame we'd miss the HDR side tournament.

Mad Hype. I wanna go, might take the weekend before I can properly decide though so don't wait for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

cant afford 350 tbh, rather go away with gf.
    but i hope a good few ppl go regardless and make their presence felt so ireland starts getting some notice.
    Translation : Everyone else do all the work. Thanks guyz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

@ HMUYA

Yeah... :(

Btw how many are needed for a team?

Be sweet to place anywhere but last for irelands first showing.

I was playing a godley player on PSN the other day, one of those rare players that will go 30 rounds + with you in player match, destroying you with shit you only ever see in youtube vids. We got chatting about communities and so forth (he's east coast american) and I was giving him the brief history of ours. He mentioned how sweet it'd be if Ireland was represented at Evo.

Damn really makes me wanna get better at this game. I'm not a patch on what it takes to be a real tourney player but I love the buzz of it all.

**edit**

@ farzes post, farz, cannes not a romantic enough place to bring the GF no? :p

I'm all booked on the flights front. Have to find my ****ing passport now :( Can't find it anywhere but anyway there's plenty of time to get a new one if I can't find it tomorrow.

This is gonna be great!

Ry

• Advertisement

The Soul Cal team is 5v5 but we'd have absolutely no shot, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'd be interested to go for BlazBlue & KOF2002. Would be nice to get some high level play in, as apperently HEARTnana & OBIWANBALONEY are travelling from Japan & USA respectivley. HNana is probably the best CT player in the world, he won the evo side tournament. And Baloney is a consistant top 3 player over at Arcade Infinity. Would also enter SF4 if they couldn't get numbers....

Anyone wanna loan me 20 quid each? LOL :D :P :pac:

chunkis wrote: »
    lets see who books flights first before we start bookin hotels and stuff, but yeah booking soon would be a good idea.

Whats the latest date you'd be looking to get names for bookings? I am interested but it's my bday next week, so i'll have to see how much bday money i get 1st.

Also LOVE how they spelled BlazBlue wrong... Escargot eatin tossers!
    BLAZE BLUE FTL... ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So how many are confirmed? If we can get 5 flying over from Ireland I might make the extra effort and try and get some money together. Imo, it would only be worth it though if we could get at least 5. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've started the process of getting the time off. We'll see.

So far Chunkis, Dreddy, Ry and myself have booked flights.

The apartments cost €322 between five to check in on the 4th and out on the 9th.

Not a bad price at all.

Only requires a small deposit too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Looks like Im in but I have to figure out how Im going to book the flights tonight without a credit card. :D

Looks like Im in but I have to figure out how Im going to book the flights tonight without a credit card. :D

I have a spare 3v card if you want to use that? No personal details on it & it's accepted as on official Visa.

..... Just the problem, the name i registered it under is Jack Knoff :pac:

• Advertisement

^^^^ :rolleyes:

Advertisement