Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo invades europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

No, it'd start out like

Daigo: AH!!! I heard a lot about you. I've been wanting to play against you all my life! My skill is nothing compared to you! (in Japanese)

Me: Hai!

Daigo: And you're so much more arrogant than me. How can you be so arrogant? I can only dream to be as arrogant as you! (in Japanese)

Me: Hai! Sayonara... (with me giving off a casual salute as I say it)

Daigo: Oh man, I can't believe I just met the best SF player ever. I shouldn't be playing SF anymore, my skill is only shaming people like him. (in Japanese)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Gaikokujin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I imagine World Game Cup will pay out more than Gods Garden so it's possible some top Japanese players will still come or the organisers just decided to straight up lie to try get more players to attend.

Yeh cuz I notice Umehara and Wong are only Pre-Registered so they're not paid up either.

Ry

Ramza wrote: »
    Gaikokujin :pac:

Oh right, I didn't know you were Japanese Ramza. You don't really come by many Japanese with a Westmeath accent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Anyone willing to take me up on the bookings? I have the money in cash here beside me.

• Advertisement

Honestly though, if there is a chance that none of the Japanese pros will go down, I don't really fancy going. It would be cool to play against Europe's best but not worth it for that kind of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shloer wrote: »
    Yeh cuz I notice Umehara and Wong are only Pre-Registered so they're not paid up either.

Ry

I imagine they could afford to lose out on €10 even if they were registered.
    Leprekaun wrote: »
    Honestly though, if there is a chance that none of the Japanese pros will go down, I don't really fancy going. It would be cool to play against Europe's best but not worth it for that kind of cash.

That's a fairly lame excuse. It's a holiday in Cannes for a few days with a load of mates doing something you really enjoy.

I'll be at this and SVB for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Oh right, I didn't know you were Japanese Ramza. You don't really come by many Japanese with a Westmeath accent :pac:

That's my secret to widespread success. I'm really a Japanese pro. The whole bogger thing is just my ninja front :pac:

I imagine they could afford to lose out on €10 even if they were registered.

That's a fairly lame excuse. It's a holiday in Cannes for a few days with a load of mates doing something you really enjoy.

I'll be at this and SVB for sure.

Yeah, sure but money sir, money. We can play SF here just as we could there. I'll think about it for a while anyway. I haven't played SF in bloody ages though so I'll be coming down to a few casuals (not this Saturday though, GT Academy) to get my reactions back to where they used to be (driving games have a tendancy to mellow out the mind and thats all I've been doing for the last few months). I haven't properly tried my Akuma against you lads so I'd be curious to see how I fair. I've been watching a lot of Rocky lately too so I'm starting to believe that I've got the Eye of the Tiger :pac:

Ramza wrote: »
    That's my secret to widespread success. I'm really a Japanese pro. The whole bigger thing is just my ninja front :pac:

DAMN YOU NINJAS! Your disguises are getting really good these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Shloer wrote: »
    The conversation might not go at all because Daigo is down to be at GodsGarden 2 during the tournament in France. As are Mago and Uryo according to the God's Garden site.

Gods Garden 2 is dated 6th of March which means most of the Jap's will be at it I'd presume BUT Umehara is on the registered players list with other japanese players. Justin Wong I see also there but not many of the other well known America players have registered as of yet which is odd at this stage. It's a shame Mago, Uryo and more are not down yet as I'd love to see them play in person.

Ry

The organisers have confirmed the Japanese players and Wong are going I thought, and have paid for their flights over?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The organisers have confirmed the Japanese players and Wong are going I thought, and have paid for their flights over?

Well I was going by the competition website and registered player list and I see Umehara and Wong are pre-registered which I believe means fees haven't been paid yet but this could just be a formality they've set up so they're definitely on the list and don't have to worry about having to sign themselves up or some ****.

Ry

Was talking to Marn & he said himself and Wong aren't going unless somebody pays for them... not sure if this is true or not, but it is Wong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Xinkai wrote: »
    Was talking to Marn & he said himself.......

newspaper.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Was talking to Marn & he said himself

o_rly.jpg

Yup on irc.

Nice pics though, made me lol.

Was talking to Marn & he said himself...

Belittle-Flame_Thrower.jpg

Ry

No i'm not?

No i'm not?

[snippity]

I know, I'm "bandwagoning" but c'mon, join me there's plenty of room :D

Ry

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A little too close to a personal insults there.

Move along, nothing to see.

• Advertisement

Well after a great time learning how to book online flights, i've booked the same flights as dreddy posted on page 2 and 3. Now for accomodation, who's sorting that part out?

In before pay when we get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Right I'm in the process of booking everything now :D

I'm double checking everything before I pay for anything. Can someone confirm that Ireland is not on the list of countries? Did everyone sign up as other?

HMUYA wrote: »
    Right I'm in the process of booking everything now :D

I'm double checking everything before I pay for anything. Can someone confirm that Ireland is not on the list of countries? Did everyone sign up as other?

Yes, we all signed up as other.

Now if Newtype and Roogle book we'll have ten.

Cool. Cheers chopper. Signed up for the SFIV tourney and got my ryanair flights. The easyjet site has broken for me though. I'll keep trying.

Anybody fancy entering the team tourney? There's only nine spots left.

HMUYA wrote: »
    Cool. Cheers chopper. Signed up for the SFIV tourney and got my ryanair flights. The easyjet site has broken for me though. I'll keep trying.

Anybody fancy entering the team tourney? There's only nine spots left.

Really? How many are they limiting it to?

I'll play in the 2v2.

Really? How many are they limiting it to?

I'll play in the 2v2.

64 teams and 55 teams have signed up. I'll play if I can ever get Easyjet to accept my money.

Thought we had 10?

Chunkis, Chopper, Doom, HYMUA, Xinkai, Dreddy, Ry, Jim, Terry, Z-Trak (Maybe? Post didn't confirm clearly), A-Trak.

Possibly Fake Roogle aswell and Mike was saying he wants to go aswell but has passport troubles. I count 11 confirmed from this thread and a few maybes.

Terry said he can't and Z-Trak is A-Trak and he too said he can't go.

Originally Posted by A-Trak View Post
    Fúck it, I'm in.

Can't do the Thurs to Tues though, am thinking Friday to Sunday.
    Will check flights and see what the options for this are.

No idea now?

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    Won't be able to make this due to the having to be in work Friday morning and Monday as well, makes flights out and connections too expensive I'm afraid.

Hope it's sh!t, you're all fookers.:(

He also said this a little later.

Advertisement