Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo invades europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

V-deck and roogle have signed up.

Great numbers considering how small fighting games have been in Ireland up until the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

this is just the beginning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sweet. That's ten and eleven if Mike goes too.

In person pestering FTW!!!!

I have booked a room earlier for five and the first four to get back to me were Doom, Chunkis, Ry and Jim.

The rest of you can book a room for yourselves.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

HMUYA wrote: »
    V-deck and roogle have signed up.

Great numbers considering how small fighting games have been in Ireland up until the last year or so.

GWAN roogle. you know you want to do the 2 v 2. Team boring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Who is up for booking a room then?

Chopper i know you've answered this already a hundred times but did you pay full price when booking it?

• Advertisement

Xinkai wrote: »

Chopper i know you've answered this already a hundred times but did you pay full price when booking it?

No, nothing when booking, but it looks like the card might get charged the full amount the day before arrival. I sent them an email to clarify and I'll let everyone know what the craic is when they reply.

I assume rest of us (Me, You, Dreddy, V-deck, and Roogle) can all grab a room together. We'll have to see whether any others (Newtype?) and see what roogle and V-deck say.

Is anyone checking luggage? Or is everyone just bringing a carry-on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Carry on for me. Luggage is for Farzad.

I'm checking in one bag and bringing my stick in my backpack as carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Jim wrote: »
    Carry on for me. Luggage is for Farzad.

We talking physical or emotional luggage cuz I'd say he could pack a suitcase of both ;)

Ry

P.S. Someone has to bring their SexBox. I'd bring mine but it doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Okay so I can probably make this now. I'll le ye know anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Shloer wrote: »
    We talking physical or emotional luggage cuz I'd say he could pack a suitcase of both ;)

Ry

P.S. Someone has to bring their SexBox. I'd bring mine but it doesn't exist.
    Last time I brought my xbox on a plane was when I was moving back to Dub from England. Had to pay £70 overweight charges!

I'm just taking a carry on.

What i was thinking is since we seem to be splitting into 2 groups of 5, if 1 person chooses to check in luggage, say a half full bag, everyone else can throw something into it & pay a share of the check in fee.

I'm only on a 3v card so i can't do the hotel after seeing what chopper said.

I'll also have to get another card to pre-reg for the games too, totally forgot about that part. What games are you all taking part in anyways?

For me it'll be:

BlazBlue (Priority)
    GGXX 3V3 If I Can Find A Team.
    3s 3V3 If I Can Find A Team.
    SF4 Solo
    SF4 2V2 If I Can Get Daigo As A Partner :pac:

Jim wrote: »
    Last time I brought my xbox on a plane was when I was moving back to Dub from England. Had to pay £70 overweight charges!

Jasus, I was going to bring my mine but 70 quid? :eek: Although with 10 of us then it's not that much if we do need to pay for overweight.

On the otherhand, how often do they weigh carry-ons?

This is why I can never make a decision. I'll bring my xbox and to hell with the consquences.

Xinkai, you can transfer funds directly from your bank account to your paypal account. Just takes 2-3 business days.

I'm just taking a carry on.

What i was thinking is since we seem to be splitting into 2 groups of 5, if 1 person chooses to check in luggage, say a half full bag, everyone else can throw something into it & pay a share of the check in fee.

I'm only on a 3v card so i can't do the hotel after seeing what chopper said.

I'll also have to get another card to pre-reg for the games too, totally forgot about that part. What games are you all taking part in anyways?

I was just wondering about the luggage so I can get someone to bring a screwdriver for me. I really need to find a way to get my stick perma-connected.

Also you don't need a card to pre-reg. You just put your name down and then you can pay cash when we're there.

I was just wondering about the luggage so I can get someone to bring a screwdriver for me. I really need to find a way to get my stick perma-connected.

Also you don't need a card to pre-reg. You just put your name down and then you can pay cash when we're there.

As someone who worked for airline security for 2 long, boring years i can tell you now screwdrivers are a no no in aviation. Best bet were gonna be staying in a town just pick one up over there?

Also cheers for the pre-reg thing i didn't know.

OH MY GOD THERES ANOTHER ONE!!! Just looking at the entrants for the KoF2002UM....

20 Dr DOOMS

YOU MEAN THERES ANOTHER?!
    As if 1 wasn't bad enough

It's a fiver extra per tournament if you pay on the day and you ARE NOT GUARANTEED your tournament spot.

Also, it's five days lads. Clothes for five days/nights and a stick in just carry on luggage?

A screwdriver can be put in checked in luggage with no hassle surely?

I would of thought the screwdriver in checked baggage would be no issue.

Cheers for the info chopper, now I'll have to go and try to get my paypal account working. You can fit a lot in a decent carry-on bag though.

guys listen up,

try not to check in any bags and dont bring any hard cases of any kind, ryan air will charge you 40 euros per journey if your hard case doesn`t fit into the slim baskets they have at the departure gate, they are very strict these days and are pulling people out of the lines and charging them on the spot, so don`t bring any hard cases.

Also checking in a bag adds a lot to the cost of the flight and it wastes a lot of time at the airport, on a short trip like this you don`t want to lose your luggage, so its best to just carry on hand luggage.

I am travelling with a large sports bag, that will fit a TE stick and all my clothes, i suggest everybody do the same. Also don`t pack anything over 100 mils, no shaving creams, no aftershave or anything over 100 mil or your gonna lose it.

I will post up a little guide a few days before we leave so everybody is on the same page.

• Advertisement

Myself and Doom have already paid to check in one bag each. We're luggage snobs.

We appear to have plenty of time between flights so the short delay won't be too much hassle.

I'll also assume that the baggage handlers will once again do their job properly and my bag won't go missing.

Chopper have you already paid for your bags to be checked in? Checking in a bag with ryan air is 30 euros if you booked it online, if you check in on the day its more, the same with easyjet, my advice to everybody is to carry hand luggage only, especially since we are taking two separate flights.

Chillax Chunkis lol. Start worrying about that crap 4 days before we go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

aint no way I'm fitting 5 days clothes toiletries towels and a fightstick under weight and undersize for Ryanair carry on.

well it looks like your carrying my shaving cream for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I assume rest of us (Me, You, Dreddy, V-deck, and Roogle) can all grab a room together. We'll have to see whether any others (Newtype?) and see what roogle and V-deck say.

Is anyone checking luggage? Or is everyone just bringing a carry-on?

That works for me if the Norn lads are cool with it.

Yeah, already paid for checked in luggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Anyone have a link to the list of people signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Bush80 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the list of people signed up?

http://worldgamecup.com/register/register_list.php?tournoi=sf4s

That's the page for SF4 singles, drop down menu links to the other tournies.

• Advertisement

Advertisement