Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo invades europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Will be sorting flights out for Newtype, V-DecK and myself tonight or tomorrow. We'll be leaving from Belfast City and probably meet up with you guys in Luton. Only difference is we're leaving a day earlier (Monday 8th) as we all need to get back to work/college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Will be sorting flights out for Newtype, V-DecK and myself tonight or tomorrow. We'll be leaving from Belfast City and probably meet up with you guys in Luton. Only difference is we're leaving a day earlier (Monday 8th) as we all need to get back to work/college.

Epic! That means we've 11 I think in total.

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Shloer wrote: »
    Epic! That means we've 11 I think in total.

Good stuff!

We have 12 on the register.

Blag is down as well but no word about his travel plans or if he is defo coming.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If I draw you, it may result in a Frenchman being punched.

Other than that, this should be pretty epic.

Sisko wrote: »
    Any way to contact them about this? Pretty shitty the 1st time our scene goes to represent ourselves in another country (dragon slayers doesn't really count) and we can't even show our flag:(

Why don't we just bring our own, physical flag?

Last man standing can carry it out.

How hype would catching that on the Doomcam be?

• Advertisement

If I may direct your attention to the new and very much improved registration list : http://worldgamecup.com/register/register_list.php?tournoi=sf4s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Now that's more like it.

What are the odds of drawing one of Newtype, Roogle or Vdeck as they're down as UK.

Now that's more like it.

What are the odds of drawing one of Newtype, Roogle or Vdeck as they're down as UK.

Maybe we can try to explain to them when we get there.

In other interesting news, the brianvondoom youtube channel is suddelny getting french hits. We're being studied people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

In other interesting news, the brianvondoom youtube channel is suddelny getting french hits. We're being studied people!

lol

lads, use some creativity with the names wont go astray.
    angel 666?
    spinal blood?

lawl

Shirl Pre-Registered
    123 Angel 666 Pre-Registered
    124 SpinalBlood Pre-Registered
    125 Fugo Pre-Registered
    126 Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

How come it says there's a max of 256 registered entries and there's 280+ on the list? Does that mean that people will miss out?

• Advertisement

The prepaid "Registered" people are guarenteed.
    The others are first come first served but are put ahead of any random people who show up.

Placebo wrote: »
    lol

lads, use some creativity with the names wont go astray.
    angel 666?
    spinal blood?

lawl

Shirl Pre-Registered
    123 Angel 666 Pre-Registered
    124 SpinalBlood Pre-Registered
    125 Fugo Pre-Registered
    126 Sean

Damnit, knew I should have registered as Brian Prime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

HMUYA wrote: »
    The prepaid "Registered" people are guarenteed.
    The others are first come first served but are put ahead of any random people who show up.

So conceivably some of you flying over might not get to enter?!

animaX wrote: »
    So conceivably some of you flying over might not get to enter?!

No. We will all be paid up before we go.

I certainly will anyway. As soon as the transfer to my paypal account goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

lol, after they changed our flags I went to look for mine just to be sure. First thing I found beside an Italian flag was "Jimberarfio". I thought they'd mixed up the flags and translated my name into Italian ><

Technically though, we are UK from up north. Unless you mean an Irish flag as opposed to the Other you've all put yourself down as? :confused:

Technically though, we are UK from up north. Unless you mean an Irish flag as opposed to the Other you've all put yourself down as? :confused:
    He means that because we're now down as Irish and ye're down as UK we could get drawn against each other, which would suck because we play each other quite often. So maybe just tell them that although one is UK and one is Ireland that we're essentially part of the same Irish "scene" or community.

I would suggest we sing Ireland's Call if it wasn't such a big pile of **** :pac:

There's no Irish flag at all.

And we might technically be from different countries but we play each other all the time- this is why people get seeded apart. American tournaments do it no questions asked if gootecks is to be believed.

We who put down other and Ireland now have a proper tricolour beside our name.

There's no Irish flag at all.

There is now Doom. http://worldgamecup.com/register/register_list.php?tournoi=sf4s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Kinda gay i still don't have an Irish flag beside my name in BB :confused::confused:

French say: There are no good BB players in ireland worth of the flag:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

If the norn irish lads wanted to go as being part of the irish scene rather then the UK scene only way around that would have been for them to pick as being from Ireland instead of UK. Theres no real other way around it unfortunally so its more then likley gonna be them as part of the British scene v those of us going over as part of the Irish scene. Being Northern Irish its up to them really.

If they allowed for norn irish, english, welsh and scottish flags it'd be handy but ah well.

HMUYA wrote: »
    If I may direct your attention to the new and very much improved registration list : http://worldgamecup.com/register/register_list.php?tournoi=sf4s

well done m8, nice one.
    Why don't we just bring our own, physical flag?

Last man standing can carry it out.

How hype would catching that on the Doomcam be?

Hehe or just go in the irish football shirt

Hehe or just go in the irish football shirt

France? Irish football? :(

If the norn irish lads wanted to go as being part of the irish scene rather then the UK scene only way around that would have been for them to pick as being from Ireland instead of UK. Theres no real other way around it unfortunally so its more then likley gonna be them as part of the British scene v those of us going over as part of the Irish scene. Being Northern Irish its up to them really.

If they allowed for norn irish, english, welsh and scottish flags it'd be handy but ah well.

Why not?

We're not claiming we're the same country, but we're the same scene. We probably play alot more together than any random two people from Germany or France. It's not like they won't know Norn Iron is a special case.

If they can't do anything I'll just go oh well and if someone from dragonslayers knocks me out I'll be cheering them on but no harm in asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I get yea but I just get the impression its done by countries and not scenes. They might see it as too messy singling out a few UK people and saying 'they're part of the Irish scene but all these other UK players are not', or whatever. Its worth asking about of course.

But it'd be far easier to just select a different flag. Then again as far as the norn guys are concerned they could just as well see themselves as being a UK scene and proud and be looking to team with those from main land UK instead of the irish guys in the end anyway.

I do believe that the guys from up north, Dragonslayers especially, see themselves as their own scene.

It's worth asking about the seperation because as Doom pointed out we would probaly play each more often then two Germans, one from Berlin and one from Frankfurt (they're far away right?). However I would imagine that it won't be possible as I would assume that they will throw the names in a brackets/group generator and the flags will be in a as variable, where it won't be possible to seperate the three guys from rest of the UK players. Just my 0.02c

Just thought of accomadation as well, there's seven of us left with no room booked yet. What why do people think we should work? Also what the hell is a pull-out bed from a sofabed? And does anyone know what Blags doing flight/stay wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The technical aspect wouldn't be a problem at all because they could just edit the NI guys to have the Ireland flag as the variable for the purposes of the RNG.

FWIW, none of us really see it as a big deal. We simply put down UK flags because we're part of the UK, we weren't thinking about scene or anything else.

Anyway, flights are booked for myself, Newtype, V-DecK and Cobelcog. LiquidSwords and Blag are sorting their own out in terms of payment, but will be coming with us as well.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The technical aspect wouldn't be a problem at all because they could just edit the NI guys to have the Ireland flag as the variable for the purposes of the RNG.

That's true, I was more thinkin from the standpoint of changing it on the day. Actually now that I type that out, I don't really know what I was thinking :o

• Advertisement

FWIW, none of us really see it as a big deal. We simply put down UK flags because we're part of the UK, we weren't thinking about scene or anything else.

Anyway, flights are booked for myself, Newtype, V-DecK and Cobelcog. LiquidSwords and Blag are sorting their own out in terms of payment, but will be coming with us as well.

It's not a big deal.

I'd just hate to put one of you out (or be put out by one of you) in the group stages after travelling all the way to France. That would suck. We can do that here any weekend you'd like :D

Advertisement