Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero or Samsung Jet?

• 02-02-2010 6:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive more or less decided i want one of these phones.
    Since im pretty new to this scene i thought id ask you people in the know what you recommend.
    I like what both offer based on the onlin reviews but its always nice to hear from peoples personal experiences and opinions :)

Apologies to those who read my similar post about the hero or nokia 5800, i foolishly placed the 5580 in a similar league, now as i learn more i realise its not, apologies for that.
    Jaysus i hope im correct this time round placing these two in the same league :)
    They are both of similar cost and tarriff on meteor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Samsung Jet is a very reasonable phone. Nice screen, fast processor and probably a superior camera. But its not a smartphone...

For me, hero is leagues ahead...seriously, HTC hero will change the way you think about phones and how they effect your life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's like comparing apples and oranges !!

The HTC Hero is a true smart phone in the same league as the iPhone, Nokia N900 and Google's Nexus One (although the Hero has a nicer interface!)

In fact, the Google Nexus One is a HTC phone, it's pretty much a Hero with a faster processor and pure Android rather. The Hero has HTC's Sense UI interface layered over android giving you a much nicer experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_joPueVBh8

This is pretty much exactly how it works for real.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks a lot folks,you have made my mind up :)
    Anyone know how well the eircom broadband works with the Hero`s wifi?
    Im guessing it does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Thanks a lot folks,you have made my mind up :)
    Anyone know how well the eircom broadband works with the Hero`s wifi?
    Im guessing it does the job.

It will work with any WiFi connection. It doesn't really matter who provides it.

The Meteor data services aren't brilliant, but the handset's fantastic.

If you have WiFi you'll be grand!

Advertisement