Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Primera,are they reliable?

• 02-02-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Was out today visitng a number of garages looking at trading in my van for a car and test drove a 04 Nissan Primera saloon 1.6. I was very impressed with it,very smooth to drive and in immaculate condition inside and out. The salesman told me the timing chain had been recently done with it and had all the service history of it,it seems a good car and i've been made a good offer to buy it. However 1 or 2 of my friends are a bit sceptical of Primeras saying their a troublesome car especially with the gearboxes? Just wondering if anyone on here has a Primera and are they happy with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

My old man had an 06 1.6 Primera - gearbox went at 78,000km. Admittedly, he wouldn't have lavished his car with much love or attention, but even so, I thought that was pretty poor. Aside from that though, I don't think he had any other issues with it. Good spec on them too......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Workmate has one, bought solely to be a trouble free family car. It has been a let down, climate control module failure, electrical issues and other faults have him fed up with the car. He misses his previous, trouble fee Laguna. His is a 06 1.8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Gearbox woes are far too common - happened to someone in work recently at relatively low mileage, bill was substantial.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

My old man had an 06 1.6 Primera - gearbox went at 78,000km. Admittedly, he wouldn't have lavished his car with much love or attention, but even so, I thought that was pretty poor. Aside from that though, I don't think he had any other issues with it. Good spec on them too......
    Thanks for the info. This car has high mileage 113,000 miles so the gearbox problem would be a bit of a worry. When i was driving it i couldn't believe how smooth and comfortable it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

From the replies so far it seems Primeras are noted for gearbox trouble as my 2 buddys were telling me today. As i said a brilliant car to drive but that's not much good if the gearbox went in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Get a Skoda:D

Advertisement