Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what are my rights regarding this issue??? please help!!

• 02-02-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi everyone! big problem....Last april (09) I bought a used 07 citreon c1 frm a dealer in kilkenny..the car ws selling for 7500eur.it had just 20,000 km on it and was in great condition. I offered the man selling the car who is the owner of the garage 5500euro with my car which was a 00 volkswagen lupo and we shook on that and the citreon was mine. when i test drove the citreon i got out to take a look an noticed water on the floor of the car behind the driver seat. I said this to the man and he took a look an explained it was just washed and the window must have been left open by misake but that he would hae it all dry again before i take it home.I accepted this and a few days ater i drove it home.

A couple of months later I noticed my car was damp inside and kept fogging up, the back of the car was all wet. I was so annoyed and i phoned the garage to have them fix it. I then collected the car a few days later and was told it was a leak through the rear light. I was glad to have the problem sorted and drovehome once again. Another while later the problem occured again but as the weather was so cold the inside of my car was freezing over and I again brought it up to be fixed,I noticed a burning smell from the bonet aswel andexplained this to the mechanic who was not listening carefully to me. I wrote down what was wrong with car so they wouldnt forget.

A whole week later (it took them that long to ''fix it'') i collected the car and had to wait 40minutes before I was looked after. The mechanic told me there was loads of leaks and that he spoke to the citreon manufacturers and they had tod him many of the same cars had this problem as they had not been sealed correctly. The mechanic told me there ws no burning smell but I assured them there was. He did not want to know about this. I drove the car home,just glad it was fixed but that evening I felt the wet again in the car. this was just a few days ago.

I want my money back as I have been sold a faulty car and have given them so many chances to fix it. They are nt a bit helpful and I cannot drive my car as it is so damp. I am so annoyed. There is no point asking them to fix it again as i dont think they even looked at it the last time i brought it back. Can i get my money back??? I dont want to sell it as it would not be fair to give it to someone else...I really hope I have the right to my money back..please help me???? I do ot want a replacement car from the garage as i would not trust any of there cars. what should i do???????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

so you or your solicitor have written to them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

me head hurts

please try paragraphs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Motors - you'll get a better response there.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭cleoh23

no I havnt. Should I write to them? Likei dont know what to say as i dont know if I am actually entitled to my money back?? I dont want to call them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

So long as its a SIMI dealer then this should help....

http://www.simi.ie/consumer_information/CIAI_SIMI_arbitration_scheme.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Don't feel embarassed about this or awkward about contacting them. If you feel unable to do so use your solicitor but do take some action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

cleoh23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! big problem....Last april (09) I bought a used 07 citreon c1 frm a dealer in kilkenny..the car ws selling for 7500eur.it had just 20,000 km on it and was in great condition. I offered the man selling the car who is the owner of the garage 5500euro with my car which was a 00 volkswagen lupo and we shook on that and the citreon was mine. when i test drove the citreon i got out to take a look an noticed water on the floor of the car behind the driver seat. I said this to the man and he took a look an explained it was just washed and the window must have been left open by misake but that he would hae it all dry again before i take it home.I accepted this and a few days ater i drove it home. A couple of months later I noticed my car was damp inside and kept fogging up, the back of the car was all wet. I was so annoyed and i phoned the garage to have them fix it. I then collected the car a few days later and was told it was a leak through the rear light. I was glad to have the problem sorted and drovehome once again. Another while later the problem occured again but as the weather was so cold the inside of my car was freezing over and I again brought it up to be fixed,I noticed a burning smell from the bonet aswel andexplained this to the mechanic who was not listening carefully to me. I wrote down what was wrong with car so they wouldnt forget. A whole week later (it took them that long to ''fix it'') i collected the car and had to wait 40minutes before I was looked after. The mechanic told me there was loads of leaks and that he spoke to the citreon manufacturers and they had tod him many of the same cars had this problem as they had not been sealed correctly. The mechanic told me there ws no burning smell but I assured them there was. He did not want to know about this. I drove the car home,just glad it was fixed but that evening I felt the wet again in the car. this was just a few days ago. I want my money back as I have been sold a faulty car and have given them so many chances to fix it. They are nt a bit helpful and I cannot drive my car as it is so damp. I am so annoyed. There is no point asking them to fix it again as i dont think they even looked at it the last time i brought it back. Can i get my money back??? I dont want to sell it as it would not be fair to give it to someone else...I really hope I have the right to my money back..please help me???? I do ot want a replacement car from the garage as i would not trust any of there cars. what should i do???????

Please please use paragraphs. Im genuinely not being sarcastic. It took me 10 minutes to properly read your post dude.

Advertisement