Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur Dramatics

Options
  • 02-02-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

New to Galway and looking to get involved in something. Anybody able to point me in a direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

May I ask are you male?? If so pm me as I may be able to point you in a suitable upcoming direction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

May I ask are you male?? If so pm me as I may be able to point you in a suitable upcoming direction :)

WOAH! Easy tiger :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

upcoming

I'll bet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ah jaysus I just happen to know of a drama group looking for men for their show :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Where in the City are you?
    There's a good am dram company in Knocknacarra, and a few on the East.
    Theres community drama too.

If you're looking to take workshops or classes, pm me as I have a few recommendations, depending on what you want (Classical, Musical, Comedic etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

Dramatics...

well keep an eye on notice boards in town like the arts centre/araus na gael and the library - usually would have workshops/courses for that! The poster area in the cornmarket on middle street and in Charlie Byrne's bookshop are useful too (particularly at the door).

hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could try KATS in Knocknacarra (Google for the number) or Dramsoc at the Uni.

That's the one, KATS, dunno why it went out of my head:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

If you're in any way interested in musical theatre, try Galway Musical Society, Patrician Musical Society or Encore Theatre Company. I think GMS and PMS have already held auditions for their upcoming shows, but you can get in touch with them anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Btw, check out Boards Drama Group.

• Advertisement

Magnus wrote: »
    Btw, check out Boards Drama Group.

They meet in Dublin weekly afaik.

Advertisement