Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working foreman

Options
  • 02-02-2010 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,

moving along now with our renovation project. myself and himself know nothing about building so we are concluding that we are going to need a working foreman

The house is partially built, foundations, walls, roof on but entire interior has to be done, including ground floor etc. while we think that there are not that many tradespeople involved we are worried that we wont be able to coordinate or spot shoddy work/incomplete stuff etc so hence decision to look at a working foreman.

any opinions on the above welcome?

My question is though, what kind of money would be looking at, say daily rate? what would you expect him/her to do?

any comments appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

mendel wrote: »
    Hi all,

moving along now with our renovation project. myself and himself know nothing about building so we are concluding that we are going to need a working foreman

The house is partially built, foundations, walls, roof on but entire interior has to be done, including ground floor etc. while we think that there are not that many tradespeople involved we are worried that we wont be able to coordinate or spot shoddy work/incomplete stuff etc so hence decision to look at a working foreman.

any opinions on the above welcome?

My question is though, what kind of money would be looking at, say daily rate? what would you expect him/her to do?

any comments appreciated

no need for working foreman ,it ll cost ya a lot of money, that could be better spent else where ,like on quality tradesmen

shoddy work or the like is easily solvd by holding part payment until job is done and completed to standard

for this maybe you could get a friend who knows about building to go through the work and give ya advice

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    Do you have an engineer that could help you out?
    If you must, hire a carpenter as this way he can do the 2nd fixing and over see the other trades.
    What part of the country are you in?

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mendel

hi
    thanks for replies, yeah maybe getting the engineer to be a bit more involved on an ad hoc basis as and when needed might be enough. Also good tradesmen we can trust. that seems to be the bottom line

Advertisement