Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with stray

Options
  • 02-02-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

On my run a young dog met me on the road I run on and started following me. The road is near a big estate which I walked around with her to see if she led off somewhere in particular but no joy.
    Is there any group I can call or anything I can for her, I can't take her in as i'm in a rented apartment :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You said you're out Tyrellstown way is it?
    Don't know of a rescue off hand out there, DSPCA is in rathfarnham. Do you know any local vets? They could scan for a microchip and if there is there'd be contact details.
    Ashtown Pound is that direction but I'd be loathe to hand a stray into a pound.

If the dog is still outside, you could bring it some water in a bowl incase she's thirsty.
    If you have any cooked chicken (plain) you could shred it and put a little in a bowl for her too. (Assuming you don't have dog food, plus she might not eat it)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Asok wrote: »
    On my run a young dog met me on the road I run on and started following me. The road is near a big estate which I walked around with her to see if she led off somewhere in particular but no joy.
    Is there any group I can call or anything I can for her, I can't take her in as i'm in a rented apartment :/

Try dogsindistress.org.. or dogs trust.. avoid the pounds if you can. they put down all dogs after 5days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I don't know any vets out here and have no car to bring her anywhere, She seems to have wandered off again (I popped back down a few minutes after I left her) I know of dogs trust from donating to them but I don't think the are open at this time. I suppose all I can do is keep an eye out for her and hopefully the poor mite finds her way home :/ (I'm a big softy for for animals and hated leaving her outside like that.)
    I think she may be fom mulhuddart direction from how she was shaping up at one of the roundabouts but I could not be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If she comes back you could also try http://www.caravetgroup.com/ -- they seem to be based out your direction and might be of help even to ask them do they know of a closer rescue etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Thanks star-pants :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement