Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky offer on package downgrade

Options
  • 02-02-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

My friend called sky and wanted to downgrade his sky movies from €60 a month to standard packages of €32 or less.
    http://www.sky.com/portal/site/ireland/products/packages/costs.

The offer put to him to keep him was €48 for six months. That is a saving of 20%. He denied the offer as he did not watch the sky movies any more not even at Christmas as he always going to Xtravision, so sky movies was well out of date.

It was not easy for him to get through as you have, he had to go through billing option 2 as you phone as the other option to downgrade was not easy to find. under option 2 after dialling, once answered and they foud out why he called, he got transfer to the correct person.

I looked online to change my subscriptions to remove somes packages to "Changing your Sky subscription online" It only for upgrade. What a crock. They do not make it easy to downgrade.

I just though that other people would like to know this. It might be worth to call sky for and ask for downgrade packages to get extra saving.

Phone number for customer service is 0818719819
    Get your savings instead of been ripped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

limklad wrote: »
    I looked online to change my subscriptions to remove somes packages to "Changing your Sky subscription online" It only for upgrade. What a crock. They do not make it easy to downgrade.

It's because your in Ireland , the upgrade won't work either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Every May we cancel the sports packages for the summer when there is no soccer.
    We just tell the guy on the phone that we don't want them for the summer and never had a bother.
    If he tries to offer us other packages a simply 'no thanks' suffices.

Cant see why people have such problems doing it.

As for being ripped off, you asked Sky for the service, they didn't force it down your throat. Its only a rip off if you didn't ask for it and are getting charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I think the OP may also be referring to the fact that an 0818 number is not cheap to call either.

saynoto1890 has even noted that Sky are dubious in providing any other method of contacting them outside of the premium rate.

Advertisement