Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo idea, some advice?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

So I'm thinking of getting a second tattoo.
    I currently have a rearing horse (it's small enough, maybe a bit smaller than the size of a fist) to the inside of my hip bone.
    I would possibly like to incorporate a new tattoo to that one, the proverb "Our gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark". How much is too much script though? I wouldnt want it awful fancy or anything, and I'm not really sure where it would look good that is near the little horse i already have.
    I mean, it doesnt have to be next to my horse, but I think it would fit in nicely.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Thats a monster sized quote, its never gonna fit on an area "maybe a bit smaller than the size of a fist,"

Iv nothing to add, just that it would be silly and cluttered to try and fit it all around the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I don't mean to fit it into the area of a small fist...that's the size of the horse. I mean near the horse, not exactly completely surrounding it.

For instance, I could maybe put it on my lower side...under my ribs. It doesnt have to be smaller than the horse or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

OP just on TangyZizzle's comment re: length to the quote and to put it in perspective, look at a couple of ways you could lay out this quote on your side:

"Our gold does not
    chink and glitter.
    It gleams in the sun
    and neighs in the dark"

"Our gold does not chink and glitter. It
    gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark"

Or alternatively a more fluid, flowing line of script?

You need to decide what format you'd like the script to take on your skin and then decide on the size of the script and see how it would look where you'd want it. That'll help you see if it'll be 'overwhelming' or... just right!

IMO it is a lot of script to have but that's just a personal preference :)

To each their own with tattoos tbh, one (wo)man's too much is another (wo)man's too little!! :p

Best bet is to book a consultation with a tattoo artist and get their expert opinion on it! My suggestions re: layout are with fuzzy insomnia brain and limited creativity, who know what a pro will suggest!?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

any where picts can be seen of quotes different ppl have gotten. i am thinking along the lines of something similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I would modify it down to:

"Our gold gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark"

You know the proverb, any horsey folk who know the proverb will get what you did with it, anyone who doesn't know the proverb won't get the longer version anyway.

just my 0.02c ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

im thinking of "dream as if you'll live forever live as if you'll die today" on my wrist. might be a bit too big though have being searchin the net to see if any1 else had similar done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Thanks for the replies,
    I've emailed the tattoo artist who did my horse to see what he thinks.
    I know it's a long quote, and will take a while to see what looks best. I don't want any writing that's too fancy, just something simple and small enough.
    Also, it doesnt have to be next to my other tattoo, it would be nice to fit it in with it, but I'm not really pushed. Basically wherever looks best

Advertisement