Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remote locking

• 02-02-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Ok guys,

The remote locking function in my car is not working. I replaced the battery in my key and its still not working. The central locking works fine as it opens all 4 doors when I insert key into the car door but I cant remote lock the car with my key.

Any advice?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They sometimes need to be recoded to the car when you change the battery - post up the make/model of the car and hopefully someone'll be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anan1 wrote: »
    They sometimes need to be recoded to the car when you change the battery - post up the make/model of the car and hopefully someone'll be able to help.

Well the problem is, it malfunctioned before I ever replaced the battery in my key. I replaced the battery just in case that was the problem.

I was installing a car radio at the time and when I had it installed I noticed that the car wouldnt remote lock. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. The car is a 2000 Audi A4 old model.

Thanks.

Advertisement