Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend ADSL2+ Modem/Router with good WiFi output

• 02-02-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

What is the best modem/router out there with high output wireless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭the_law

I strongly recommend the Buffalo WHR-G54S, for its good wireless signal, ability to accept third party firmware, and low price.

It does not contain a modem, however your DSL provider should be supplying this. The WHR-G54S is able to conduct a PPPoE session using your modem as just a bridge (this is what I did with Smart for a year).

It is also able to act as an access point only, with your existing modem/router handling routing and DHCP.

If your modem is unable to function in bridged mode, and you desire complete control of routing, you'll want to look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

have a look at this thread here at the router i recommended:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055805837

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i picked up a Belkin N+ modem router (model: F5F8635UK4A) in argos for 129euro and I have to say I'm very impressed. few teething problems with setting up a ps3 but quick bit of googling sorted that and otherwise its been a great upgrade on my previous netgear. good wireless signal and fairly easy to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

i am using a billion 7800n - 5 ethernet ports - 4 of which are gig. adsl modem, plus another wan port which can be used for FTTH, qos, wireless n, wake on lan, snmp plus all the usual stuff..

Uses Broadcom chipset so very stable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement