Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuffed chicken breasts and bacon served with???

Options
  • 02-02-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭

hi, have a dinner party and I want to cook stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon.. but dont wanna serve them with potatoes - what else could I use - would rice, green beans and mushroom sauce be wrong? Just dont like potatoes..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

do up some fried rice with peas mixed in, and some frozen mixed veg.
    would potato croquettes be out aswell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks, my prob with potatoes is that they are so much work - as would be potato croquettes - dont wanna buy frozen. With the rice dish I think I would need a sauce? Would be v dry and gravy and rice is a no no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

If you do baby potatoes they aren't any work at all. All you need to do is bring them to the boil, simmer until tender, and then toss them in butter (real of course) and parsley. All done! Rice would be way more hassle I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 grezz

cous cous with peppers onions and sweetcorn boiled in veg stock on massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 punches

yeah think I will go with baby potatoes - i dont have to have any - and nice fresh veg - thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

Another way to go would be the baby potatoes tossed in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and thrown in the oven for about half an hour.. beautiful..

Or perhaps for yourself and your guests (instead of potentially 2 side dishes), how about an oven risotto (such as this one: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2818/ovenbaked-risotto-) then everything is in the oven and you can chillax during your party?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

serve with roasted med veg.

Sweet potato, courgette, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, carrot. Pleanty of olive oil and S&P.

Perfect accompaniment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

May I ask what you stuffed the chicken breasts with? Sounds lovely, might try my hand at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

sporina wrote: »
    hi, have a dinner party and I want to cook stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon.. but dont wanna serve them with potatoes - what else could I use - would rice, green beans and mushroom sauce be wrong? Just dont like potatoes..

I think that sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

punches wrote: »
    yeah think I will go with baby potatoes - i dont have to have any - and nice fresh veg - thanks...

NNNOOOOOOO!! Gagging at the thought of them now, and the dinner sounded so amazing up until then!

If it's potatoes, it has to be gratin. Lidl do a pr-made gratin which is surprisingly nice if you're not bothered doin it yourself.

Otherwise what swampy said.

• Advertisement

whats wrong with baby potatoes? with some butter and parsley..

xzanti wrote: »
    May I ask what you stuffed the chicken breasts with? Sounds lovely, might try my hand at it..

just stuffing - the local butcher sells them made up - stuffed and wrapped with bacon - v nice and so reasonable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

sporina wrote: »
    whats wrong with baby potatoes? with some butter and parsley..

Perhaps a "man falling down well" cry was uncalled for...anyway most people do like them, im just not a fan at all. Hate the consistency and texture and floppy skin on them!

Potatoe gratin or patatas bravas would make the plate for me.

Advertisement