Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ships on The Quay

• 02-02-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

Its good to see a couple of ships tied up at the North Quays after such a long time.

I remember when there might have been 6-8 decent size ships in at once.

One of them is a big bugger - anyone know what the story with them is?

Andy.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think they are lovely and a welcome attraction anyway. The bigger ship, a cargo and passenger ferry, is parked as the owners have a newer model and are trying to sell the older model. The staff are continuing to work on the ship and keeping it well maintained until a buyer is found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭west101

I heard the cargo ship is waiting for a contract, sign of the times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Sully wrote: »
    I think they are lovely and a welcome attraction anyway. The bigger ship, a cargo and passenger ferry, is parked as the owners have a newer model and are trying to sell the older model. The staff are continuing to work on the ship and keeping it well maintained until a buyer is found.

Maybe there is a scrappage scheme for ships:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

jimmyw wrote: »

...or the travellers have gone up in the world :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

jimmyw wrote: »

There is, they end up driven onto a beach in India.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Maybe it'll be there so long they'll decide to build a slipway so they can do ferry crossings to France/UK from Waterford ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shadyfish30

south wrote: »

Mv diplomat used to do Rosslare to France, my brother in law is a trucker, said it was brutal - really old. It must be retired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Mv diplomat used to do Rosslare to France, my brother in law is a trucker, said it was brutal - really old. It must be retired.

yes it did and also sailed from Portsmouth to France to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

It would be nice to see more grey ships come in more often :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement