Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Terrible is back

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jeez, I hope McCullough doesn't see this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

walshb wrote: »
    Jeez, I hope McCullough doesn't see this!

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Big Ears will be happy , no doubt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Big Ears will be happy , no doubt :D

I'm not sure is that in reference to my dread of fighters attempting ill-fated comebacks or that someone has managed to remember Morales is my favourite ever fighter.

I'm had noticed this fight was up and am hoping it's not true and it's just boxrec being boxrec. I thought Morales last fight was a more than satisfactory ending to his career(well except for the judges ripping him off), as he showed that even while completely shot and 3 weight classes past his prime he could beat a title holder.

Alfaro is not very good, a puncher and little else. He's crude, easy to hit and often overly aggressive considering he's a little fragile round the whiskers himself. The Morales of the David Diaz fight probably would beat him.
    However to expect to see Morales in as good shape as he was 2 1/2 years ago despite his relatively young age is naive.

In the latter stages of his career Morales became quite Hatton like aswell, and was blowing up huge amounts between fights. I'd expect this has continued some what during his period of retirement and I doubt his body will be able to appropriately prepare itself for war like it used to.
    I'd hate to see Morales get hurt so I really don't want to see it happen.........and yet a strange part of me would like to know what would happen if it did, because Morales isn't the type of person you ever really lose faith in. A part of me, does believe he could win and right now I'd wish that part of me and Erik himself would just STFU.

Even if Morales were to pull off the upset, he'd take huge punishment in doing so. So this fight is getting a big thumbs down from me.

I'm not concerned about Wayne anymore, no one is going to pay him enough for him to consider getting back in the ring despite all his talk. He's not prepared to drop down levels from where he left off in order to move up the rankings and thus he's not ever going to get a fight again.

Erik on the otherhand could have any number of tv stations in Mexico and the US throwing money at him for one more fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Did I not read that Morales has signed a 5 fight deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

I really hope its a once off fight cos Eriks a legend and wud hate to see him get hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Seeing Pac Man beat Morales badly on the ropes before the ref stepped in was one of the saddest sights i've seen in sport. I don't see the point Morales returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Big Ears wrote: »
    someone has managed to remember Morales is my favourite ever fighter.

I remember you saying it .

I seen Morales in attendence ringside at a fight a few months ago and he looked almost un-recognisable , he's put on a ****load of weight .

Advertisement