Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new phone =D

• 02-02-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Hey all! Right, looking for a new phone now after my old one suffered from what seemed to be water damage! I had a Sony Ericsson W580i for about 2 years and overall, it was quite a good phone! But im looking for something a bit more up to date for day-to-day use, mainly text, call, internet, and battery wasting games when im stuck on a bus :pac: tower wars someday I shall play thee again :( Don't want a phone as brittle as a pane of glass, no doubt it will be dropped one or two times in its (hopefully) long lifetime!

Main features I need would be internet capability, a good quality screen, camera isn't the most important thing in the world to me but its nice to have something half decent in case the need arises! I'd like a fairly good battery life too =]

A slide phone would be prefered over all others but I wouldn't stick to that in all cases!

Must be meteor, only provider I still like :P and pre-pay, sim-free prefered! My old number cannot be lost, ever. No way, no how! Its too easy :P

As for price, max range probably up to €150, maybe a bit more if the phone is worth it!

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys have! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jagged Toaster

dont get sony w595, majorly faulty, on my one the screen keeps going blank for a few mins at a time and can barely hear from the earpiece even though the sound is turned up to the max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

The nokia 5530 is €160 on the meteor online store, it doesn't have 3g but it does have wi-fi. I had the 5800 but lost it and didn't want to spend another €240 for another one, so I bought the 5530 which I reckon is just as good as the 5800 but almost €100 euro cheaper!

Advertisement