Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chopper - now what

Options
  • 02-02-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

So I bought a gorgeous chopper that promises to chop/puree/liquidise etc everything that I want. Only thing is I don't have that many recipes that call for loads of chopped ingredients, or pastes, so I'm eager to get some! There's only so many times I can awe over not having to chop onions anymore.

Any recipe suggestions on what I can use my chopper for? I'm hoping someone will give me some nice pesto/green sauce ones!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Any saag indian dish will give it a workout :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Home made salasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Homemade Hummus. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

What'd ya buy? Is it a multipurpose blender with things like a dough hook, or just a 'jizzer' (a term I'm highly suspicious of...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Uncomfortable with that too Sweeper! :p

It's a chopper so you put stuff into a bowl thing and then put the top on and press a button and it chops stuff - here's a pic:

31881HQ1G6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So i'm looking for recipes people!!!

I would like a recipe for a good green sauce (with loads of herbs garlic and olive oil) that goes with steak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

A green(ish) sauce for steak. Chimichurri! But be warned, this is not a delicate, finely balanced light sauce. This is an assault on your taste buds!

A large bunch of parsley
    2 tbsps red wine vinegar
    A squeeze of lemon
    3 tbsps fresh oregano or 3 tsps dried oregano
    Garlic to taste - say a couple of cloves at least
    A tsp of ground cumin
    A tsp of hot smoked paprika
    Enough olive oil to make a sauce
    Salt and pepper

Chop, mix, serve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Does anyone have a herby green sauce for Steak too? I remember tasting one ages ago in a restaurant and I think it included chives, rocket, parsley, garlic, olive oil etc.. lots of olive oil.

Thanks for the chimichurri - sounds yum!! Will try this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Herby green sauce sounds like salsa verde - there are many variations on the recipe, but this one from Jill Dupleix looks to have the herbs you need - add chives to her recipe and leave the rocket for the salad...

Advertisement