Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maguire program

Options
  • 02-02-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, I see that there is a program run in Cork in May..

anyone done it? if so, how did you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

My brother did this few years back... was worth every penny he said.
    He speaks way more fluently ever since he went on the program and they have a great follow-up service, meet ups, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

pog it wrote: »
    My brother did this few years back... was worth every penny he said.
    He speaks way more fluently ever since he went on the program and they have a great follow-up service, meet ups, etc.

Hi all,

Very interesting programme about the Maguire method last night on Channel 4 - entitled 'The Stuttering School'. Think it has another couple of episodes to run.

You can watch it on the Channel 4 player at the moment - really well worth watching for anyone who has an interest in this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 applemaker

out of all the speech programmes the mcguire programme is the best. i, a speech therapist attended the stammering awarness day and to be honest people who werent on the mcguire programme spoke rubbish to those who were.

its the best programme out there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

applemaker wrote: »
    out of all the speech programmes the mcguire programme is the best. i, a speech therapist attended the stammering awarness day and to be honest people who werent on the mcguire programme spoke rubbish to those who were.

its the best programme out there!!!

You're a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

applemaker wrote: »
    i, a speech therapist attended the stammering awarness day and to be honest people who werent on the mcguire programme spoke rubbish to those who were.

Mate...if you are trying to promote the Maguire Programme you are doing it a very weird and sad way!:)
    Everyone's opinion on stammering has to be listened to...and I think everyone who talked on the Stammering Awareness Day did a very good job! Particularly stammerers who made presentations...and showed that stammering in front of a hundred or more people is OK!
    Maguire Programme works for some people and it doesn't for others! It is like therapy in all walks of life...therapy for depression, therapy for drug abuse...different therapy providers have a different approach or slants to the service they provide!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

applemaker..
    to be honest people who werent on the mcguire programme spoke rubbish to those who were.

Probably the silliest blanket statement I've ever read.. either you're trying to promote them or you're severly biased and / or misinformed.

Either way, I don't like it!
    bohsboy wrote: »
    You're a fool.
    bohsboy..

Please don't abuse people with absolutely no grounds for it whatsoever.

Do so again and you'll get a holiday from this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

basquille wrote: »
    bohsboy..

Please don't abuse people with absolutely no grounds for it whatsoever.

Do so again and you'll get a holiday from this forum.

Sorry Basquille, judging from the only other post made by applemaker I believe there are grounds for it and stand by my earlier statement.

Let the holidays commence.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

There is no point in rising to the comments of applemaker. I'm sure the Maguire Programme's head honcho's would be very proud of his or her comments. :rolleyes:
    We are all entitled to our own opinions, applemaker wasn't giving their opinion only a purposely hurtful statement. I'll keep my opinions of the Maguire Programme to myself, this is not the appropriate thread to do so.

Any more posts like applemakers will not be taken lightly and will not be tolerated. This forum was setup with the purpose to help people with stammers and to raise awareness. It's important that everyone feels welcome and not afraid to post something whether it's looking for advice or offering support. Most people like a good debate/discussion on something they feel passionate about, that's fine but when a fine line is crossed into intentional hurtful comments that's when myself or basquille will step in and we're not afraid to issue infractions and/or bans.
    Now let that be the end of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 myviewpoint

I'm a long time reader on this forum and this is my 1st time posting.

I'm a member of the McGuire Programme for a few years and the recent post from 'applemaker' is not the viewpoint that the McGuire Programme management have of other stammering programmes.
    The McGuire programme has a very positive effect on me and many others that I have met.
    It works for some people, others it doesn't. Patmar works for some people, others it doesn't.
    Each to their own!

Advertisement