Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying mobile phones in america

• 02-02-2010 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

does anybody know if you buy mobile phones of any sort in america can you use them here if you get them unblocked or can they be unblocked.nokias i phones blackberrys?headin to new york and wouldnt min a new phone.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 grezz

yeah i've done it with a couple of phones from the states no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Mmmm depends on the phone model and as the above said ... if it is locked into an american network.
    I did read that if you buy an american iPhone and bring it back here, and then get a software/firmware update then it may not work. But that just might be scary stories from the operators here to keep us paying stupid prices.

Do your homework before you buy, plenty of internet sites with phone reviews and problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You will have no warranty here. The handset warranty is valid in USA only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

thanks for replies.yea ill do a bit of homework.suppose if i ask in the shop they will they me it can be unblocked anyway just to sell it to me.ha.dont want to buy and then be stuck with a useless phone.so if its tri- band or quad-band it can be unblocked is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement