Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cured logs

Options
  • 02-02-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Hi all, would anyone know of a good supplier of cured logs for an inclosed fire. Damp ones tar up the glass on same.
    Anywhere along N7 from Red cow to Naas area.
    Many thanks in advance smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

I know a guy in between finglas and ashbourne,
    Has a store full of cured/different types of timber logs
    He has been hoarding away sticks now for the guts of 2 years, so he has a big stock pile....
    PM me and i'll get you his details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

:D PM sent, thanks gazzaman

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Can you PM me also Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

keving wrote: »
    Hi all, would anyone know of a good supplier of cured logs for an inclosed fire. Damp ones tar up the glass on same.
    Anywhere along N7 from Red cow to Naas area.
    Many thanks in advance smile.gif

Can't help you sorry, but can you explain what a cured log is please? never heard of them and would be intrested in finding out what they are. :confused:
    Thanks,
    Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I've been using these lads for firewood this winter and found them to be brilliant. Wood is great and dry and burns really clean in our little Jotul stove. They're based in Allenwood in Kildare.

http://www.turftimber.com/Products.html

I did plenty of research and found a few others in Dublin and Kildare, but the prices were unbelievable. One company is even shipping in Polish ash logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Anyone got the guy in Ashbournes number i lost it :o

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

this place in newcastle has it http://www.shawwoodheat.ie/quality-wood-fuel.php

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Can anyone share a link/details of a decent cured logs supplier in the Waterford/Wexford area? Tired of paying over the odds for sodden softwood !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Homebase has 3 large bags of seasoned hardwood logs for price of 2. Around 18eur. I got them and they are very good, no sparking or anything like that. Very heavy logs that burn for good time.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=558715&Trail=searchtext>LOGS

Hootanany wrote: »
    Anyone got the guy in Ashbournes number i lost it :o

PM AND NUMBER SENT!
    Talk to ya next year buddy :D

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    PM AND NUMBER SENT!
    Talk to ya next year buddy :D

Cheers i wont lose that phone number again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I can recommend http://mooneyfirewood.com/ I have bought from them twice now and have no complaints.

The wood is well seasoned (I have double checked it with a meter, all well in under 20%) and it is cut to my specifications, so every log can be used. No other connections other than a happy customer.

He delivers in the Dublin/Wicklow area on weekly basis. The wood is Irish, so no imports and is seasoned without the use of kilns etc, which kinda defeats the low carbon aspect of buring logs, if that is your thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Place beside snail box,kilmoon cross ashbourne called top quality fuels. Does Logs,coal,briquettes etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Gazzaman22, can you PM me the details for the guy in Ashbourne. Cheers

Advertisement