Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess Management

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Does anybody know what Excess Management refers to - in relation to the banking / trading / credit risk? I got a job spec in that details excess management as part of the role. I haven't been able to find out much about it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

In my business, an excess means the amount by which someone goes over their authorised overdraft limit. I have the authority to approve it or send it back (it being a chq, s/o or a d/d). I could have 5-6 decisions to make per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

Thanks Stepbar. I suppose it will be relevant to each particular company and the activity they are engaged in. Could mean different things from institution to institution. Cheers!

Advertisement