Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight's FA Cup 4th round replays

• 02-02-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Wigan 0-2 Notts County

Crystal Palace 3-1 Wolves

Two games, two shocks. Nice to see the romance is still alive. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yep really strange turn of events, actually with Celtic and Keane losing and Hull getting a draw it's been a strange old night overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Could mean the end for Martinez me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

rotinaj wrote: »
    Could mean the end for Martinez me thinks
    Hardly now! He's done a pretty decent job there, certainly as good and even better than what Steve Bruce achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭deisedude

grenache wrote: »
    Hardly now! He's done a pretty decent job there, certainly as good and even better than what Steve Bruce achieved.

I wouldn't say that. Wigan have got some fairly big tonkings under Martinez. They will probably stay up but thats because there is so much dross in the Premier League this year

deisedude wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. Wigan have got some fairly big tonkings under Martinez. They will probably stay up but thats because there is so much dross in the Premier League this year

He'll get a real chance to bring in his own ideas this summer though, without Bruce sitting around poaching players from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Martinez deserves a chance at a summer rebuilding with the players he wants. Once they stay up, he's done what he needed to do this year. The following season should be the real judge of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭deisedude

mayordenis wrote: »
    He'll get a real chance to bring in his own ideas this summer though, without Bruce sitting around poaching players from them.

I agree he should be given time i just don't agree that he has done aswell as Bruce did with the team

deisedude wrote: »
    I agree he should be given time i just don't agree that he has done aswell as Bruce did with the team

Yep right now you can't say that he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Jesus, Premiership teams dropping like flies in this season's FA cup. The Carling cup seems like it will be more hyped up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Martinez will be fine I think, Wigan played very well against us at the weekend, were very hard done by in the end. They have other things to concentrate on, and though a Cup run is always nice, I don't think it's of great concern in the general scheme of things for them this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah how nice of Notts County to hold a 2-0 lead this time. Feckers could've done that first time round and earned me a few quid :rolleyes:

Advertisement