Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many hours a week have you?

• 02-02-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I am already wrecked and it is only day 2 been handed 3 assignments so far so I'd better start them early this time. 30 hours in college a week I feel semester 2 will go on forever. Cannot wait until next year there seems to be gaps in the timetable as we have none. Is your college day busy? I guess I would be complaining too if I had big gaps in the day with lots of coming and going to lectures.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My timetable seems pretty light this term.

Monday 11.30 - 5.30, 2h lunch
    Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30 - 3.30 1h lunch
    Thursday 9.30 - 5.30 1h lunch
    Friday 9.30 - 1.30 (or 1.00 bus) 0h lunch

Only one full 9-5 day, and a bit of a lie in on Mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

doesn't sound too bad, if they would just get it right! :p

so many changes already :(

monday 9:30 - 12:30. finished.
    tuesday 9:30 - 5:30 1 hour lunch.
    wednesday 9:30 - 12:30 3 hour lunch back in 3:30 - 5:30
    thursday 9:30 - 11:30 2 hour break, 1:30 - 3:30 finished.
    friday 9:30 - 2:30 finished.

total of 24 hours a week.

all 9:30 starts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

16 hours of lectures and off fridays, hard to beat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

paul150 wrote: »
    16 hours of lectures and off fridays, hard to beat :)

We've been trying to get Fridays off for ages! The excuse we were given last time was that they want everyone spread out to minimise the load on the car park - only two people in my class drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

25 a week, have Monday morning and Friday evening off but in between I only have an hour off every day which is annoying.

My mate in Galways only has 16 hours a week for the same course so no idea how that works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Learning to Learn is bulking it up for us 6 hours of the useless subject a week. They should do this before we start any other subject we were stuck into assignments last semester before it was even explained in learning to learn where is the sense in that. Now we are doing referencing again each bloody time we are told a different thing. Another assignment on how to write an academic essay this semester which needs at least 20 references or they won't look at it. Roll on year 2 then no fridays. Nobody ever comes in for our lectures on a Friday anyway so I'm suprised we are timetabled for it. Our timetable has been changed ever day last week wish they could be more organised. Results next week should be fun i know i got 58 in physiology which I think was useless. Dreading the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

We have 21 hours spread out over 5 days. We finish 2.30 monday, 1.30 wed and 12.30 on thurs and fri. Full day on tuesday. Its grand though cause it gives plenty of time in afternoons to do assignments.

Advertisement